Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New to this forum

PeppermintPPeppermint Posts: 34
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello I am new to this forum but not new to fusions.
Last summer I had c6-7 discectomy, donor bone, plated and screws. Well 2 weeks ago today I had c3-7 done the same. I had constant pain in my left hand, weakness perm. nerve damage in some of my fingers. I had over the past few months started losing my strenght in the right hand. Broke alot of my dishes.
So pain management had me do a discography and it showed tears at c3-4 and 5 -6 so the only choice was to live like this in constant pain or have them fused and still deal with pain for ever. I opted for surgery in hopes to get my hands back. I sew and craft and that is my passion. I must say I woke from surgery with no pain in my hands.Now the pain in my right arm and shoulder has been intense but my local dr gave me lidoderm patches and I can rest with those. hate that you can only wear them for 12 hrs.
I had been doing pretty good just weak and post surg. pain as normal. Sat. and Sun. I had fantastic days only 2 pain pills first thing in the morning as mornings are Terrible. I wake up hurrting so much. Anyway today the pain has been terrible. I am guessing I prob did too much. did light dishes and a load of clothes. I did not carry all at once if they were heavy. Anyway I started driving today and that was scarry. So here I am happy to be alive and have my hands back. feel free to look at my albums to see what I do crafty wise and you will get a better idea of who I am
URL Removed Oh I am going to be 41 next month. I have degenerative disc disease. Think all this started 12 yrs ago with a bad water ski accident.
(((HUGS))) Hoping everyone has a restful night.
I am also in the tearful stage because I was told today by a family memeber (not my Husband) that I should be off pain meds at 2 weeks. She is just worried I will be addicted to pain meds. This hurt me alot. I still see a pain management dr. My NS said I would be in pain for the rest of my life. That is ok as long as it not the pain I have lived with this last year. Also I still have alot of living to do and I am going to make the best of what I have. Hubby lovingly calls me Gimpy. And I am going to be the best Gimpy one I can be with a smile and a tear..
I have not been back to see him I go in a week.
Currently take lortab 10 1 3 times a day (this was my before surgery med schedule_
2 zanaflex 4mg muscle relaxer at bedtime. I am taking them 1 - 2 times (only 1 pill) during the day for muscle spasams. I also use lidoderm patches for post surgical arm and shoulder pain.

Standards agreement and posting rules
Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, or web sites is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.

Post Edited by Moderator haglandc

• HI Peppermint - cool user name.

Welcome to the forum. I found this site about 1 yrs ago and it has saved my life. Literally! Many times it has saved my sanity ;)

I hope you get to know some of us and hang around here and find all the wonderful friends here who will support you and help you through this end of your life journey.

You seem to have a great attitude :)

I did look at some of the pics of your crafts. Do you make the clothing I seen there? I really like the bathingsuit.

PS: don't be surprised if your link is removed - most links are not allowed.
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • Howdy Peppermint!!

Welcome to Spine Health! Hopefully they will leave your link since it is only to pictures, and not to a 'commercial site' or even a site trying to sell things. :) I got into beading after 9-11, and went from loom work to off loom stitching and now jewelry, so I fully get you when it comes to fumble fingers and getting them back. I hope once your neck settles down, you can (though modified positions I am sure) get back to a talent that shows well - Thanks for sharing your pictures.

You will see as Humpty said, a lot of really good folks on here. Some of us are "works in the making", others are here for general support, questions about symptoms, medications, procedures, etc. One stop spiney shopping! I hope you find yourself welcome to the group! Again, Welcome aboard!!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Welcome to Spine Health. Unfortunately the website that hosts your photos, also sells other services. It is against Spine Health standards to list any URL's that sell products and services. So the link was removed.

Best wishes

• Thanks for the kind welcomes. Sorry I did not know that would be against the rules. So sorry think it may have been in another post as well. Sorry for the trouble that causes. And I am so glad to have found this site. Can't wait to have life long spiny friends. It is an amazing life journey filled with tears, smiles, laughs, screams and a few fits but in the end Friends make it all better.
    ((HUGS)) TO ALL
  • No worries. Many folks do the same thing when first joining. In the eagerness and enthusiasm over finding such a great membership forum, many skim over the Standards and never really "see" all there is listed within them.