Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Wanna hear something kinda funny??

PollyRPPollyR Posts: 411
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hello to all of my Spiney Friends......

Well here it goes....we collect knives and swords. So I was doing something yesterday and I accidentally knocked one of our heavier ones off the wall......

The handle then proceeded to smack me square on the top of my left foot!!! :jawdrop: Well after I got done cussing I did realize that for a half a second it DID take my mind off of my BACK!! LMAO....I was like wow should I do that again??? NOOOO...I now have a wonderful blue/black area on the top of my foot!! LOL....just wanted to make you all smile!! :D

Laughter is food for the Soul!!!

• I'm sure it's not so funny now but it is true that distraction works. The mind is a really scary thing. If you can find the right distraction you can lessen or eliminate the pain you are concious of. That's how meditation works.
  • Morning Kris...did it make you smile??? LOL....how you feeling today??
  • Hi Jim, I am glad that you smiled over that!! Us people with chronic pain have to find joy somewhere...LMAO!!!

And yeah I will NOT be doing that again anytime soon....LOL:) at least not by choice!!
  • That's kinda taking drastic measure's to forget about your pain.
    But if it works (just kiddin)

Remember laughter is probably the best medicine for pain. :))(
  • Isn't that what a TENS machines does? Gives you a nice, lovely, warm, tingly feeling inside to take your mind off your back pain. But dropping something heavy on your foot would also do it, ha! I know which one I would prefer!
    2 x Microdiscectomy 2005 / PLIFusion 2-level 2010 / revision surgery 2011 / NEVRO Senza spinal cord stimulator implanted February 2013. I WILL NOT GIVE IN / UP !!
  • I am really glad you smiled ... lol....that was my goal with posting this!!! My Hubby's oldest daughter keeps saying....."How do you keep smiling through all the pain??...I tell her that when I wake up I have 2 choices.....I can wallow in the pain or smile and make jokes about it!! I choose the 2nd one!" Because in my opinion....Hey I got out of bed this morning....ITS A GOOD DAY!!!!
  • Polly, you're an inspiration. Being in the kind of pain you are and you're able to smile and share a laugh with us. I'm glad you got at least a brief reprieve from the pain!

So, what are you going to do next? image

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • LOL...Linda, I dont know about the inspiration part but thank you my friend!! :)

I think my next step is the other foot now...LOL...NO just kidding!! I notice your little smiley is banging its head on its computer?? That sounds about right!! LOL:)

I did get some new pains last night....I will PM you so that way it doesnt damper the "lightness" of this post!!

Luv you ALL!!!!!