Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

11 days post ACDF C6-C7 and redo C4, C5, C6

mcdermojummcdermoju Posts: 24
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in Recovering from Surgery
It's been only 11 days but feels like forever since surgery. When I woke from surgery I had no feeling and was unable to move my right arm/hand. My doctor felt it was do to nerve root swelling and it would improve, which it finally has. I am finally able to use my right arm and hand. I was worried though and found it frustrating not to be able to use it. I started having pin/needles feeling in my leg now - ugh. Called the doctor's office on Monday and said that it was not do to the surgery, but might be related to my lumbar. I had that fusion (L3 to S1) in 2007. Don't need anything more so I am hoping it is just because of positioning and will go away. Can't wait for the swelling to go down some more in my throat. I love soup, but I am starting to want something more to eat.

I'm really hoping this fuses, I really don't want to have to go through anymore, even though I know I may have to...

Hoping everyone else that has had their surgeries are doing well.

• Julie >:D< I hope your legs straighten out. You are probably right, it could very well be from the postioning.

I ate a lot of jellow, fruit salad, smoothies, yogurt, and milk shakes. I also kept the ice/gel pack on the front of my neck as well as the back of my neck (20 min).

Feel better,

• Glad to see your on the upswing from your surgery. You went through a lot there - and so glad to hear your arm and hand are starting to behave. Your nerves have been irritated for a while, so it may take a while for all to come back.

As for the leg, hopefully Julie is correct in that the position(s) during surgery has caused a flare of some sort. Hopefully that works out for you. *HUGZ*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    Hope you're doing well. Is your throat starting to feel better? I hope that you can eat some 'real' food now.

I had an ACDF 5-6 on Oct. 4 and am doing well. I still get the lump in my throat feeling sometimes but overall I'm doing fine.

Keep us posted on your progress. Hope you don't need any other surgery on your lumbar.

Take care,