Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

lumber fusion

LisaRachelLLisaRachel Posts: 286
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi everyone..

When your lower back is fused does that mean you will never be able to bend? my friends are freaking me out about this. What happens the first 3 months? I hope you respond with your experiences..

So scared for my Nov surgery :(

• You're only getting fused T12-L2 right? I can't remember.

Because that would leave lots of bendy bones!
  • it's L1-L3 but there taking out the L2.. Your having that too?
  • Well, my PM doctor was babbling about them wanting to fuse all the way to L5 because L4 has a retrolisthesis. I think that would be a pretty unbendy spine ;) But if we just get the 2 levels done it should be OK.

Good luck! I still don't have a date :(
  • Hello Lisa and Happy....you both sound scared, I understand that...so does the rest of the wonderful members of this site!! LOL

I had a multi level fusion done.....L3-L5 and it has been about 2 and a half years.....I can still bend when I need to but you HAVE to use your knees alot!!!

I will leave the rest of it to the rest of the members....my experiences are not the best things to judge by!!

Do your research and listen to yourself....

You will both be in my thoughts and prayers for a pain free life!!!