Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Having a hard time

daisy maeddaisy mae Posts: 109
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in Depression and Coping
Hello all,
I am really having a hard time "staying positive" as the people who don't live in chronic pain so easily thow at you. I am angry and sad and just fed up! I know it's not the end of the world but damn it, I'm 34 and I cannot even take the kids to the park or play with them most days. And having to justify my actions or 'innaction' to people, those in the medical field and whatnot should be more understanding. I am terrified that this is my life now and will be getting progressively worse. This past year has been horrendous and it's getting even worse. I don't know what the purpose of this post was, perhaps just a rant and to boo hoo to some understanding people. Most days I'm good to go but it's not just my back/neck issues, see I have major gyn issues too and now, bowel problems. I'm waiting for my biopsies to come back from a recent colonoscopy.
I am just done with it all you know?
Thanks for listening.

• We're listening. Some days you just need to talk and the people here are good at listening.
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    Like Kris said, we're here and we're listening. We also understand.

I hope that all of your tests come back good and that you get to feeling better real soon. Sometimes things just seem to gang up on you don't they?

Feel free to vent all you want to. It's tough having chronic pain and we'll help you if we can.

Have a good day.
  • Thanks guys! Just feeling like it's never going to end. I swear it. UGHHHHH.
  • Daisy Mae,

Most of us have "Been there, done that, still have it." Vent all you want, yes we DO understand. Now this might help a bit with the folks who you care about, but aren't getting it? This might give them another way to understand.

On here, so a search for "Letter to Normals", and then go to Google and search for "The Spoon Story." Although the writers have different medical issues, the main point of these readings is for "non chronic" types to get a much better view. Most are very familiar with acute pain, so they can't relate. Most people hate headaches, so I ask them "How would you feel if you had a headache EVERY day, and could not get rid of it?" I told them, my body has that ache every day, some better than others. I hope those letters help. Support *HUGZ* from a fellow prisoner of chronic pain land!!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • I can't really add anything more that the others haven't said, just to reiterate, we are here, and understand, and use us to vent all you want!

And, I just wanted to say, there are better days ahead, embrace them when you have them, celebrate, and use them as memories to remind you on the bad days that you do have positivity in your life. I hope that you get your results quickly. The waiting is what kills me, you're in limbo and feel like you can't move forward. Just keep in mind that things will move forward once you get your results, just try to keep your mind occupied on other things (positive things) while you wait. Hang in there, and we're here for you!!
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • I know it's not much but I can tell you that it gets better and might get worse...life is a roller coaster. Even if you hadn't had back problems, life is a roller coaster.

But like you, I have my moment (like today) where I think "Darn, I'm only 41....there's so much I can't do". I am especially sad today watching the NYC Marathon...I miss running, I miss all the active stuff I used to do. I take pleasure in my 'safe hikes' (flat rail trails, walks in open fields) but it's not the same. I miss the freedom.

I know this too shall pass in a few days but some days...yes, it really sucks! I hope teh day greets you with sunshine and a hug from your children to remind you that those that mean the most to you, care.