Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Sitting and relaxing ....I have avery bad new pain....

PollyRPPollyR Posts: 411
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I was relaxing the other night and I got a really bad pain, I know I AM a pain, that radiated from the sciatic nerve around the front of my groin area....it followed the crease of my leg all the way around!!

I hate to tell my wonderful Hubby about any new pain I have, he worries enough......

It has been constantly hurting for 3 days now....burning/aching....sometimes stabbing!!

Have any of you experienced this???

Thank you in advance!!

• I started experiencing bizarre pain in my left groin right before my surgery. I went from my lower back all the way to the inside of my left thigh.

My doctor chalked it up to inflammation on a nerve. It lasted about 2 weeks then went away. It was very painful while I had it.

• Thank you Tonya...it is a very uncomfortable area.....right where the crease of my pants go when I sit...OUCH!! And I noticed the top of my thigh felt like it was on fire....not burning but actually on fire...KINDA strange!!!
  • Sorry to hear you're hurting more than normal. I've had similar in that I turned this way, and the lower back went "that way." I hurt so bad for like 4 days, I could barely bend to flush the toilet! You might be in a flare, and if so, hopefully it will back down soon. *HUGZ*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Hi Polly~

I am all too familiar with EXACTLY what u described. Pre-op was relentless,constant, wanted to cut my Right leg off a million times.My surgeon said sciatica nerve is the longest in the body and excruciating. I had on 8.25.2010 a PLIF and removal of 2 discs L4&L5, replacement disc mat'rl & spacers ^ screws, rods.So far I have virtually NO PAIN THERE.Although top of R thigh muscles feel like concrete and groin pain but drastically reduced.I am sorry, it is beyond uncomfortable.I take Flexeril because it also causes muscle spasms like crazy,and it really helps
    Hope U get some needed rest~ sending healing thoughts your way.~ Julie D.
  • Thank you Brenda and Julie D....it is still hurting bad and now my T-spine is WAY ACTING up....feels like it is hard to breathe with pain in back going all the way around.....I just give up!!!!!
  • Polly,

I am so sorry >:D< are you taking motrin/advil type stuff? If you aren't you probably need to start, and start trying to ice it. I hope that it goes away.

I know how hard it is to tell our loved ones. It took me several months to tell mone about the Thoracic problems (I think I was in denial as well).

Feel Better,

• Polly,

There is NO giving up around these parts woman!!! I am a "triple crown" okay - neck, thoracic and lumbar, and daily, (yes DAILY) each area vies for who hurts more!!! To me the thoracic can be theeeee worst, but "I just give up" needs to be removed from your mental vocabulary woman!!! *HUG*

Okay, now that the "mother" side of me is done. :) I am so sorry you are such a hurting digit - been there, done that, still have that stupid shirt....dig deep in your soul, and you will win. Please let your doctor know of this, as something might be going on that he/she can help you with? Support *HUGZ* as always!!!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • How are you doing, Polly? I hope you're feeling better! I can't add any personal experience with this particular kind of pain so all I can do is say I'm sorry you've been hurting and I hope the pain is starting to go away. Sending hugs...image

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled

• I just wanted to caution you about taking NSAIDs as you are still recovering from a fusion.
    Do check with your doctor as most surgeons tell us not to use them while we are still in recovery. They are known to impede fusion.

I have also experienced that pain in my left groin after sitting. I had thought that perhaps my hip was now causing problems. Now I wonder if it is nerve pain from my back. Who knows!!! These pains just go on and on. I feel such a bore, always complaining. Now I try to keep it to myself, but am not very good at that! :$

I do like to express myself verbally! Can you tell?

• Jelly is correct about the NSAIDs, So do call doctor 1st before taking.
  • oh Brenda, you always make me smile and feel better inside....THANK YOU MY FRIEND!!!!