Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Back to work

tonyanwisconsinttonyanwisconsin Posts: 189
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Well I am happy to report I found a new job. I got a job as a nurse case mgr with an insurance company.
So I will be starting around the 1st of Nov.
I am so excited to be going back to work financially, but nervous about the pain.
I have been off of work since my surgery on March 1st.
I still have pain everyday at my surgery site.
This is a desk job, which is what I needed.
The pay is awesome and the benefits are even better.
What is the best thing is that after I am trained and doing well on my own...I can work from home full time...yipee!!!
I gotta tell ya. That is why I applied for the job..working from home would be the best thing for me in regards to my back.
Thank GOD I finally have a job again. #:S
After interviewing for 3 different jobs and 4 interviews later...I finally scored!!

• Thats great to hear.
    I remember how upset you were when you found out you could not go back to your other job, due to your injury.
    It sure looks like Karma was on your side.
    Best of luck and enjoy.
  • See things really do happen for a reason. This is awesome!!! I bet you are so excited. Hmm do you wear the white shoes or the white shoes??? =))
  • Yes Kris, things happen for a reason.
    It is hard to see that when you are waiting in limbo...waiting for them to happen.. :)

Thanks to everyone for your kind words.
    It seems after all of the financial and physical struggles I am ending up with a better paying job with better benefits. Who knew.

Remember I was saying before how my friend in the insurance field had great pay, benefits and even got bonuses? Well I got hired on with her company..lol

• Good for you Tonya!!! And from home to boot. Can't get any better than that! Congrats to you woman!!!! :)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Give those of us still looking hope...we all need a little hope!

• That is just what you needed.
    I really hope that your return to working will go smoothly. Be prepared to be exhausted at the end of the day, and keep life as easy as possible once you do get home.

I am finally managing to be back at work, and am very nearly back to my usual hours (almost made it this week, apart from medical appointments).

I have an MRI scan on my neck on Friday to see what is going on there. :SS
  • Sounds like an awesome job! Congrats! And best of luck!
  • SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    Cool. Are you working in your area? If so is it the major insurance company in Wausau? You may like the work a lot. You get to evaluate information and give your analysis of what is really going on, what is needed, etc. Some nurses I worked with in insurance really liked the work as they felt valued as much of the decision was dependent on their evaluation and they were seen as a strong resource.
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos