Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

How many chiro treatments for scitatic until relief?

JamieJJamie Posts: 1
Hi everyone. I was wondering if it's normal that after having had 5 chiropractic treatments I have yet to get some relief? When chiro works for sciatica, which according to the chiro dr. is in my case caused by a herniated disc, does relief come gradually or suddenly after a series of treatments?

• Jamie,

Welcome to Spine Health. Many of us here at Spine Health have spent years going to to the Chiropracter. There are various thoughts on Chiropractic care. Some people are big believers and some are not. I used to be. I think I spent about 4 months seeing the Chiropracter just for low back pain and sciatica then I moved on. After some other treatments I was sent back to a Chiropracter for DRX treatments. Nothing worked for me except fusion.

Have you had an MRI yet? Have you tried PT yet? If you haven't tried PT I would definately see if your primary doctor will refer you to PT. Usually that is the first thing they do. Be sure to tell him/her you tried Chiro and didn't get any relief.

Do you know how you injured your self? Are you taking any meds?

Feel better,

• I spent over 10 years getting adjusted. It helped to keep my back from going out until the last 2 years.
    Then I had a lumbar sprain and the leg pain started.
    I moved on to PT and then on Prolo injections which are helping so far.

If your overweight start dropping pounds.
    I think the best attitude to have is put out or get out with treatments. I'd give it a month, if there's no improvement move on to PT. If that fails start researching Prolotherapy. Surgery only after you've have tried everything else under the sun.
    Good Luck