Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Getting Xrays & CT Scans

RRraeRRRrae Posts: 85
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in Spinal Cord Stimulation
Hello my friends,
I haven't been on here for awhile.....hope you're doing well.
I know this Q has probably been addressed several times, so forgive me, but I'm on my way to work and don't have time to do a forum search.....

I know we can't get MRI's if we have an SCS.
BUT is it ok to get CT scan?

I have Dr appt coming up and want to see if he will order a CAT scan of my lumbar (before my insurance runs out at the end of the year).....
I'm having alot of lower back pain issues (never had them prior to SCS) and surgeon who implanted my Lumbar SCS commented "you've got a slight stenosis".....
Hopefully he can order the CAT so we can see what's going on with the lower back issues and perhaps rule out lead migration.

Other than that, my SCS is doing wonders for the Neuropathy/RSD in both legs. I'd say it's covering about 80% of the burning pain. I still need BT meds tho, but the SCS has really done wonders.

Hugs to all,

• Good to hear you're having less RSD issues with your SCS working. I hope the CT shows nothing major as far as your SCS goes and no real back issues going on that require surgery. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Yes an individual with an SCS can have a CT done. Just no MRI.

I hope the doc can find what is going on for you. Glad your SCS is helping with the RSD pain!