Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Possible surgery on C6-C7

ncchief30nncchief30 Posts: 13
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
For the last year I have had a issue with pain in my C6-C7. Today I received a call from a nerosurgeron. I have an appointment wiht him coming up. From what he said over the phone He said that I need to have surgery. Now he would not go in to details so I thought I would come here. How long could I expect to be out of work if I have surgery?

I know its not a lot of info but any help would be great.

• NcChief,

First off, Welcome to Spine Health!! Since soon you will hear all manner of new terms and words from your surgeon, there is a search box at the top of the web page you might want to explore with. :) We are a membership consisting of nerve and spine patients, as to there are some who are care givers.

As to surgery and recovery, back to work. Can't really answer that for you unfortunately. It will all depend on what kind of work you do, how well you heal, and too (biggie) what kind of surgery they will do. Most of us if we get fused, it is called an ACDF (Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion). Here is a link from here that might be of help:

On that page is links to other articles. I posted this because I don't know "what" kind of surgery you may undergo yet. Please keep us posted on how it goes with your surgeon. Good luck!! And again, welcome aboard!! :)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Don't know ow you got on with the neurosurgeon but I can tell you I am about 4 weeks post surgery on c6 c7. I had previous feeling problems in both my lower arms and especially fingers. I also had toward the end server problems walking (mylopothy?).
    The surgery was remarkable I honestly felt better immediately after surgery and now am fully up and about walking with almost no problem and only a very slight pins in needles in the very tips of my fingers.
    The reason I cam on to this site was to try and find out when I could start training again (running and cycling) and if I started too early would I cause any damage.
    I am not due to see my surgeon post op until another two weeks.
    If it helps my surgeon originally told me there was more danger in not having the op than having it.