I have two degenerative discs and one that's herniated on the right side.
1. I take up to six Oxycodone a day.
2. I recently had an epidural, which worsened the pain in my neck, shoulder, and back - I have nerve pain, and the muscles along the right side of my spine are constantly tight.
3. I just started PT for the second time in three months.
4. I try ice, heat, and Lidoderm patches, which only provide temporary relief.
5. I also take Naproxen, Zanaflex, and Gabapentin plus four antidepressants, which don't help much.
6. I've met with a neurosurgeon who wanted to do a fusion and I am NOT doing that.
7. Sitting makes the pain even worse.
8. I can't lift anything over two pounds, plus I can't bend forward or stretch out my arms.
I am at a total loss. I just don't know what more I can try. I'm a veterinary technician at a clinic that only treats cats, which is good because there is no way I can restrain dogs. But lifting cats, especially when they are in carriers, really aggravates my pain. I've taken three weeks off from work to heal from the epidural (it usually takes two weeks to kick in) and I don't know if I can go back.
It seems that my damaged discs shouldn't cause this much discomfort, which makes me think that something else is wrong.
Someone please help me...and now I am crying. Swell.