Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Possible surgery

vsmithvvsmith Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in New Member Introductions
I was so glad to find this sight and hope that you all can offer some advice. My husband was recently hospitalized due to total body paralysis and decreased lung function. He has Parkinson's Disease but only on the right side of his body and it has been controlled with medication...until last week. These new symptoms came on in a matter of days and scared the heck out of us. At the hospital they discovered that he had a spinal cord injury with some compression at C5-C6. But they did not make much fuss about this new discovery. Does anyone know if this would account for the following symptoms:
- Extreme headache
- Profuse sweating
- numbness in his arms and legs
- total (but intermittent) paralysis
Any help would be much appreciated.

• Welcome to Spine-Health. I'm sorry that your husband is having so many problems and then to discover cervical spine issues on top of everything, it's got to be a bit overwhelming.

We really aren't medical professionals so can't really answer your questions. I seems like the C5/6 might be the least of his problems, but I've included a link to the dermatome map of the spine that can be found in our FAQ section below.

When you look at this, you'll see that probems at C5/6 can radiate pain down both arms and that can include numbness and pins and needles.

I wish you luck on getting your husband stable and back to good physical condition. Please keep us posted as now you've got us all worried about what'a happening with him and I'm very glad he has someone like you at his side.

Take care of you, too.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am so glad you stopped by with your questions... you will find this is a good place to make friends as well.. you may need support as much as your husband does!! please take advantage of SH and stop by anytime.. good luck with your husband..Jenny :)