Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

cross your fingers

JulieAJJulieA Posts: 1,420
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Cross your fingers for me. I had my TESI's this afternoon.

When I got up I felt better right away. :D

My husband actually took the day off for once to take me (wowsy) and after we went grocery shopping then out to a late lunch. I started getting a little sore on tail end of lunch. I am now sitting on my ice gel pack (10X 14 works great) and I finally took my pain meds which I hadn't had since 7 am.

I am still nauseated- found out it comes with thoracic disc hernations :(

Send your happy vibes my way please :)

• Good news that you felt better right away!!

Keep icing and try to take it easy this weekend.

Interesting to find out about the thoracic herniations cause nausea. I have had chronic nausea since the fall and take an anti-nausea medication, pretty much daily. Do you have any anti-nausea meds? Hot peppermint tea helps me a lot with the nausea, too.

Wishing you less pain, Julie. >:D<

Keeping my fingers, eyes and toes crossed for you.

Take good care,

• Okay... Fingers are crossed for ya! I hope they help and give you a much needed break. :) Gentle *HUG*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Thanks Ladies,

I guess the lidocane is wearing off :( my back is starting to hurt again. Arms are pretty good so far. Legs are a little weak. I am hoping the steroids star working. At least I know he hit the right spot :)

• It's sounding happily positive so far! Fingers staying crossed though....just in case! 8>

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • There is a nerve that runs through the thoracic spine that definitely causes nausea, and my physiotherapist finds it every time she works in that area. I don't suffer from nausea regularly, thank goodness, but another option to curb nausea is fresh ginger.

I had steroid injections yesterday along with a rhizotomy; two levels of my t-spine and L4 to SI joints, bilaterally. I, too, had immediate results again. I hope that you are still feeling relief today. I believe cortisone injections can take up to three days for you to feel full relief, so I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

• Oh Julie, I am SOOO crossing everything for you!!!

Please keep us updated so we can celebrate with you!! :o)
  • Thanks Gang >:D<
    So good so far. I woke up at 2 am wide awake :) but feeling good. I took another round of meds then I worked on some ideas that my husband I came up with for starting out own business and then I crashed again till 8:30 am. I woke up refressed and happy 2 times in a row inless than 12 hours.... Some kind of cruel trick maybe? Weird! It must be good side effects this time LOL.

I can tell it is time for my meds again, but the pain is minimal compared to before and my arms are still feeling pretty good. My legs are about 50% better. I am keeping a journal on the effects of these these injections.

Your good thoughts are working- so thank you so much =D>
  • I am following your thread and sending warm thoughts as well.
    I am happy to hear of the effects that the TESI's for your pain. It is great that you have some relief.

I hope that it lasts a good long time for you...

Reading your thread has been informative. I have some nausea and did not know that thoracic disc herniations can cause it.

Take good care Julie,