Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Another successful facet rhizotomy

TracyLynneTTracyLynne Posts: 598
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I came to see my Neurosurgeon on Monday, when he bumped my appointment ahead by three months due to uncontrollable pain. He recommended a fourth rhizotomy, as I have had good results with them in the past, so I was game to do it. I figured it was worth asking if he might happen to have an opening in his O.R. this week, as I travel six hours to see him and have to have a driver....lo and behold, he had just had a cancellation for Friday and slotted me in. I feel very, very lucky and it made me realize that our health system really works when you desperately need it! :-)))

My surgeon also injects steroids at some levels, which I know contributes to how quickly I get results, but when I left the hospital four hours after my procedure, my pain was 90% better. It then made me realize how bad it was and how frustrated I had become.

I no longer have the gnawing pain in my lower lumbar spine and SI joints, and two levels of my t-spine are no longer "crushing" my ribcage. Hallelujah!!

• That's awesome! Glad that your doc was able to fit you in while you were out that way!

Are you ready for the big storm coming through this weekend? Mt Baker is predicting a great ski season with over 800 inches of snowfall this winter. Better stock up soon!

• Yay! I am so glad you're feeling better! My surgeon also mentioned the steroids as helping- I was not able to get that because I'd just had a series of injections and was already full of steroids. I am thinking next time that would be a huge plus ;)