Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pain Psych. Eval....

fyrfliffyrfli Posts: 35
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:48 AM in Chronic Pain
I have my Pain Psych. Evaluation tomorrow...what should I expect??? What kind of questions and stuff??
advertisement

Comments

• If they ask you about the pink elephants ....deny everything!!!!

I wish I could give you real info but haven't had that yet. But thought a giggle might help.
  • Howdy!!! Most of this will see how you are dealing with your chronic pain - most likely. I.e., with your issues going on presently, what is getting you "down" in that you can't do with your medical issues that you did before? How is your medical issues impacting your day to day activities verses before you had them?

Basically this *should* just be a validation that your psychological matches what "they feel" your medical issues are. I hope that makes sense. By example, most of use feel remorse when we can't do things (climbing, hiking, biking etc.) that we loved before due to the restrictions (pain/ROM) from our spine issues. It is NORMAL for us to feel this by the way. I would assess, that is what they are confirming.

Basically, speak the truth, and from the heart, and you *should* do fine. Don't try to read too much into this. Just go in with a blank slate, and talk with them. Please update us on how it goes. Support *HUGZ* to you!!!

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Most of this is about your perception of the pain and how those attitude, feelings and emotions impact on your behaviour, as Brenda said, most of these are expected issues and one would understand patients becoming low or even depressed over time and how you deal with the constant pain issue we all have, this is a learning process and part of an improving and developing strategy.

Good luck nothing to worry about, take care.

They are here to help you.

John
  • And yes of course I will deny the pink elephants!!! LOL, thank you for the smile Kris. Thank you for the clarifications all...the work psych makes me nervous, so just didn't know what to expect. Will fill you all in later after the appt.

Wishing you all a pain free day!
    fyrfli
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.