Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Question on Pain

Mindymork62MMindymork62 Posts: 207
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
I've asked this question before and thought I'd ask it again. I had a Fractured T12 last November. Had a procedure called "Kyphoplasty" in January 2010, where they inject glue like substance into vertebrae. I have had pain in mid-back and right & left sides of back since I fractured vertebrae in November, 2009. I had a double fusion of L3/4, L4/5 on 6/29 of this year because of ruptured discs (not related to fractured T12). The big question is; "how can I tell the difference from the pain from the lower lumbar from the pain from the fractured T12?" It's been 4 months from the double fusion and I have allot of pain from mid-back all the way to buttocks. The Dr. that did the Kyphoplasty was Work Comp. and Dr. who did double fusion is personal insurance Neurosurgeon. Please I would appreciate "any" thoughts on this.

• Mindy have you tried keeping a pain log? You might be able to pin point what you are feeling this way. When you really focus on the pain you can write down what you were doing which might help determine which is the cause.

The other thought is tracing out the nerves. This might give you and idea of which level is still a problem.

It's really hard when you have two insurances at odds. ANd I am sure the WC is making it even harder.