Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello, I do not have chronic pain but I am a very big supporter!!

NatashaRNNatashaR Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello Everyone, My name is Natasha Ramos and I am the daughter of PollyR...First I would like to tell all of you THANK YOU for helping my mom through this !!! I do not feel the pain that she or all of you "spineys" (she said you guys like being called that lol) feel on a daily bases but i have been trying to understand it to the best of my knowledge...I have been there with my mom through everything from when it started to staying with her in the hospital for 4 days and 3 night when she had her surgery...She talks about this website 24/7, how good it is and how she has figured out way to get through the hard times from your input...I have joined because she says that i am a big supporter and would like to continue my support for her and everyone on here...I hope that each and everyone of you is have a good week!!!

• Natasha that is soo sweet. Your mom is very lucky to have you. Hopefully you may pick up a few things from the posts here. I am amazed everyday at the new things I learn from other members.
  • Thank you Kris...and i do hope i learn from this site... :)
  • so very fortunate to have a wonderful daughter just like you looking out for her best interest, and with you reading post on heere as well you may come across something she missed that would greatly benifet her. I was reading a post about a person thats family doesnt understand the chronic pain and wont support them. MY family is truly a blessing too, they understand when Im in a rage its not directed at them its the Pain comming out of my mouth
    Chronic pain effects any and all people around the person that has to sufer this. Say hello to your mom she added me to her buddy list. Rose backpainzz
  • Hey Tasha, I told you they were awesome Spiney's....:)I love you!!! Thank you for being there for me !!

Hello Kris, How are you feeling today??

Hey My Rosemary.....So any news on the permanant SCS yet??? I am very anxious for you!!! :)

• Welcome to Spine Health! >:D<
    Although most of us on here are in chronic pain, there are a few 'supporters' who are here to learn to enable them to support their loved ones.

Your Mum is very lucky to have you as her daughter. I suspect that you are lucky to have her as a Mum also. :-)

Being in pain carries with it all sorts of problems other than the physical pain. Emotionally, it can be very hard, and it can feel like we lose the person that we used to be. We can feel like a drain on our family and that we aren't contributing enough to the family.

Having a supportive family is so important to us spineys. I cannot emphasise enough how much your support will mean to your Mum. You are helping her more than you can ever imagine. >:D<

I look forward to getting to know you better. :D

• i talk to your mum your very kind for supporting her
  • NatashaR - aka PollyR's daughter, a hearty welcome to you!!! Your post brought "happy tears" to my eyes. You're mom and I have been exchanging posts and PM's (Private messages) - you have a wonderful mom there!

Thanks too to you for your offer of support. It will not go unnoticed on this site for sure! Bravo to you!! Thank you *HUG* :)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Hey Jelly, thank you for those sweet words....my "Boo", aka NatashaR, and I are very close and I count on her for alot and when I read some of the other posts about family not supporting them, it makes me want to cry!! I could not go through this without her and my Hubby!!!

Hello Tony, how have you been feeling?? Any new news on a date yet??

Hello Brenda, you are so sweet and kind...thank you!!

I just want to tell Natasha and everyone else a HUGE THANK YOU!!! You have all been a blessing!!

• Wow, it's so cool to have both a mom on here needing our support and her daughter join to help support her more than she already does, as well as her spiney friends.

Polly and Natasha, it sounds like you are two very special people and we're proud to have you as members of our forum.

You both keep on doing what you do - Polly, you keep recovering and Natasha, you keep supporting her - you're both an inspiration to those that don't have others that will actually be there for them.

Thanks for your post.

• Hiya, BIG BIG >:D< >:D< >:D< , your mom is very lucky to have a daughter as kind as you. My daughter is just like you shes one in a million too. >:D< >:D< :D
  • I just want to say thank you to all of you guys for your lovely posts.
  • Just wanted to say hello and also how wonderful it is that others have such great family support like I do.

Chronic pain isn't easy. I'm done with 2 surgeries and while I'm doing better, I haven't had a pain free day in over a year. Not sure I will either BUT I have pain-minimum days because I have a supporting family - husband, father, sisters, inlaws, etc. and for them and because of their help, I am confident in my decisions.

(Oh this board has been tremendous for me for how to find information, how to ask questions, and what to consider before decision making).