Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

i think i might have already found a PM doctor

chronic sufferchronic suffer Posts: 115
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Chronic Pain
i think i might have already found a PM doctor and this time i am not taking no pain meds from anyone but from this doctor i learned my leason the hard way with the one that droped me yeturday and i went to the dentist how ever you spell it and the dentist told me i had every right to go to the er on friday night because i have a awful infection in my gum where the tooth that is hurting and he said its so bad he can not pulled it or anything in till thurday and he is even sending me to a surgeon to have it remove maybe by sugery because he told me if he pulled it today that it could kill me the infection is so bad he said the tooth is also chiped or some of it has broken off he told me no wonder i am hurting so bad the doctor he is sending me to is a oral & maxillofacial surgery doctor he also put me on more stronger meds for the infection and gave me some more lortabs but a stronger dose i have then what the PM doctor was giving me and when i went to get it filled the pharmacy they gave me a hard time because they said i should still have 3 days with of pain meds still from the PM doctor that droped me
advertisement

Comments

• I haven't read what happened with your other PM doctor that dropped you... but wanted to wish you luck when you go to the oral surgeon. Abcesses make you feel miserable and you will feel much better when you have that tooth taken care of.

When do you see your new PM doctor?

Wishing you less pain,

Tammy
  • The more important thing for your own health is that you start taking your medications exactly as directed.
  • advertisement
  • I have to say honestly when I had a tooth infection that needed work done they gave me the antibiotics but I certainly don't remember any pain meds what so ever to deal with it. Once after a root canal the doctor gave me something to deal with the pain was 5 pills is all. The idea is those meds should only be used for the condition they are prescribed for and nothing else.

If you have a tooth infection that is still active I don't think two days worth of antibiotics is going to take enough of the infection away for them to be able to mess with it. Trust me I let someone do a root canal with a infection and seen stars as novacaine won't pass through a infection. So if it is deep seated in the jaw it is going to take more than two days to break the infection.
  • happyHBmom said:
    The more important thing for your own health is that you start taking your medications exactly as directed.
    And keep them locked up and hidden away. My suggestion would be to buy a daily med counter, count your meds for the day and keep them in that, and put the rest away where they're safe. Please, take care to follow your prescriptions and doctors orders and contracts to the "T", as I'm sure you might have found out, you won't receive much sympathy here if you continue not to.

Take care of that infection, it's true, they can be deadly. I ended up in ICU in septic shock the day after having my wisdom teeth removed, and they didn't even think I would make it through the night (but thankfully, I did :) ). It happened very fast, so if you do have any problems, like fever, throwing up and/or passing out, get back to the ER immediately. I'm glad that you're getting the proper dental care you need.
    Kelly
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • are you thinking the dentist will be your new pm dr? That is kind of how I took your post.
    I have had many many teeth problems. Infections like you wouldn't believe and several extractions. I had the dentist call my PM dr and the PM dr handled upping my dose of meds and only for a short time.
    Once the dentist has referred you to the oral surgeon he will be done with you for the issue you are now dealing with.
    Perhaps I have missed something in your post please let me know.
    Jan
  • advertisement
  • When I've had abcess I've had to wait a week before they would work it. However the antibiotics started helping withen 24 hours (pain decreasing). My dentist told me that the best thing for infection pain was Advil, since the pain comes from swelling.
  • You said you think you've found a new PM doctor. Is it someone else in your town who specializes in pain management? You only mentioned your dentist--surely you're not expecting him to be your permanent PM doc.
    Linda

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled

• Linda, this is why I love Ya! Just two sentences...
  • i did get a safe for my pain meds :D
  • i don't know yet my reg doctor is going to have to send me there
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.