Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Follow-up from new MRI

lisa burekllisa burek Posts: 855
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi Spiney Friends,

I've been so busy this week I forgot to post how my Dr. appointment went. We already knew from the x-rays that it is a total mess in there. The MRI shows that I have some time before nerve issues becom a big problem. Since I don't
have much nerve symptoms, some R arm tinglies, as long as I can live with the pain, we can wait a bit.

My c1 and c2 are deformed and looks like fused together with some spondy. He's going to leave that area alone, said its a tough spot w/ lots of blood. c4-6 have the most herniations and he would fuse that and try to straighten out. That w/ the severe kyphosis will have my c-spine looking like an 'S', which is great, 'cause I like to be a bit different! LOL.

I have a 2nd opinion appt. in 2 weeks, we'll see how it goes.

Have a good day spineys,

• Hello Lisa, Please keep us updated on the second opinion...:)
  • Lisa,

So it sounds like you might be a little better off in your cervical than you originally thought? Glad to hear so far you have wiggle room! Fingers crossed for you on your next appointment. *HUGZ*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • It does sound like things are a little better than expected, even though your cervical is a mess. Getting those herniations taken care of is pretty crucial once you start experiencing heavy duty radiculopathy, but it sounds like it's not too bad yet.

I'm anxious to hear about the second opinion too, so don't forget to let us know about that one.

Take care and my fingers are crossed for ya.
  • for your support. Yes, from a surgery point of view it would "only" be a 2 level ACDF. At that funky c1-c2 area I have the MRI shows plenty of room for my spinal column (phew!).

Even as messy looking as it is I still only have minor nerve issues so there is plenty of time before surgery is inevitable, thank goodness. As of next Sept. both my girls will be in school full time so recovery will be easier with just me and the dogs until 3:00.

I'll let you know what my 2nd opinion says, I'm curious too. I see her next wed.

take care,

• Lisa,

Glad to see I didn't read that wrong. It is a bit better than you were fearing. Collective whew! :) I will keep my fingers crossed that your next opinion comes out similar or even better! *HUGZ*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.