Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

hello nearly 3 weeks post op and feeling good !!

JaniebabyJJaniebaby Posts: 93
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:48 AM in Recovering from Surgery
Just updating on my recovery !! I had PT on tuesday and they was very pleased with my mobility !! Got to do some more stretching excersies !! Also I found out why I was getting leg pains , its to do woith the spine being lengthed and the nerve cords to the legs are adjusting to the new height . I'm also walking every day and doing a bit more at home as well !! The gap inbetween pain killers is also getting longer so very pleased woith the prgress I have made so far !!
advertisement

Comments

• well done, sounds like you are doing great! im having spine fusion at that level hopefully before christmas, but uk nhs waiting times grrrr.

Your still early in your recovery, but hey you sound extremely positive.

Im having mine anterior, how did you have yours?

carol
    L5/s1 discectomy & decompression 2009
    ALIF l5/s1 2011
    Awaiting X-ray & consultant to see if fused, but experiencing a lot of pain again :( 2013
  • LizLiz Posts: 7,892
    I am pleased for you Janie, your recovery is going well. Look forward to getting updates on your progress

Liz

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • Thank you carol I had mine done posterior . I've also had to wait a while ,it was april they decided surgery was the only option left and didn't have the op till october . Its still early days but the chronic pain I had is not there anymore , just the post op pains. I even managed a bit of supermarket shopping with hubbie yesterday but I'm definatley feeling it a bit today. Still getting leg pains but this seems to be happening in the morning then easing off when I've got up and walked around a bit
  • great to hear that you are doing well so soon post op.Wow! grocery shopping! All the best to you in your ongoing recovery.
    Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • but please don't overdo it. You're very early in your recovery and when/if you get 'good days' don't think that you can conquer the world - I did that and it put my recovery back a couple of months! I have learnt the hard way and now do things being ever mindful of protecting my back and being more careful.

Hopefully you'll improve as the weeks go by and I'll be looking foward to your positive posts later on to let us know how you're getting on.

Take good care!
    SUE
    2 x Microdiscectomy 2005 / PLIFusion 2-level 2010 / revision surgery 2011 / NEVRO Senza spinal cord stimulator implanted February 2013. I WILL NOT GIVE IN / UP !!
  • :) your doing well, and being able to decrease your pain meds

thats interesting about with the height of your spine being restored and the nerves having to adjust.

hope you keep improving there
    sending you positive energy
    hugs
    flower
  • Janie,

That's a great progress report--thanks for sharing it with us.

What you said about the spine being lengthened as a reason for your leg pain rings so true. Maybe that's the reason I'm having the same (and worse) pain in my leg that I had before surgery. I've been a bit concerned because I'm having to take Lyrica to control the nerve pain and I have been wondering if something is touching the nerve, or just what is going on. Just maybe it's to do with my spine being lengthened. All my lumbar discs are deteriorated and most of them are flat so it stands to reason that restoring that height would put a "pull" on the nerves. Will ask my surgeon about that when I see him in a couple of weeks. :)
    Linda

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • I know this is off topic but you have something on your posts that I want to add to mine and am having trouble. I like your Alterna Tickers, went to the sight and made one. They sent me the code and everything but I can't seem to get it on to my signature. What did you do?

I had my TLIF on Sept 27, and still have leg pain, so I am on Neurontin. I am doing much better in every
    other way so I am pleased. I want to get back to work, or rather I need to. Already used up my FMLA. I have gone to LTD now and that is not really not enough to get by on. I went to my second job on Tuesday, to hang out with a friend. I stood and walked around for 4 hours, and when I got home, I was so exhausted and achy, but we were also having cold rainy weather. I just bundled up, grabbed the heating pad, and took more naps than normal. I felt fine the next day. So I am thinking I might be able to do the jobs because I can go from sitting to standing throughout the day.

Anyways, please let me know how you got your ticker on. I have put the code in my signature section already.

Thanks and Gentle, Healing Hugs
    Dot
  • <:P Hey Inchworm
    Nevermind. Apparently it worked. Yippee!!!

Dot
  • You're doing well Janie!! Keep up the PT and the stretching. After my fusion, I gained nearly 1" in height.

Trish

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008
advertisement