Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Cervical Stenosis / loss of feeling

PamPPam Posts: 43
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I expierienced a loss of feeling to both of my legs on Wednesday morning when i got out of bed. When i stood up i literaly fell on the floor thers was no numbness or tingleing or pain there was a total loss of feeing. I was kneeling on the floor for about 2 minutes, when i tried to stand up i fell again.
The entire episode lasted about 5 minutes, when i was able to stand i felt weakness in my left leg. I had injections on 10.5.10 but i haven't had much relief.Has anyone expierienced this? I am really getting worried now.

Severe DJD c4/5 c5/6
bulging discs c2/3 c4/5 c5/6
narrowing c2/3
foraminal narrowing c4/5 c5/6
staigtening of the loradis curve

• Have you contacted your doctor?

I have heard this happening to someone else after injections.
    Please do contact your doctor and let them know that you fell.

Let us know what the outcome is. :-)
  • I called my N/S Wednesday afternoon, he's not sure as to what would cause it to happen. He also said he would take me off work but i need to make a decision
    because it would mean no income coming in.
    I know i need surgery but i am avoiding that because
    i live with my mother who is 83 and has a heart condition and dosen't drive.
  • Howdy Pam,

Wow, scary for sure! Have you had any checks to see if you have lumbar issues that might have caused this? I've never (that I know of) had my cervical issues affect my legs. Seeing several on here that *do* have lower issues from the cervical - serious evaluation needs to be done. I'm so sorry that happened. I know I would have freaked out for sure.

Is there any way your NS can check you really good before you have to make the "work/no work" decision? I will send you positive energy and prayers that this works out well for you. *HUGZ*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Hi Pam,

Before i had surgery to fix my stenosis i had many falls.Same thing as you,i had a lot of nerve pain all over the place so they couldn't say for sure if it was coming from my neck or lower.The surgeon i saw said it was all from my neck according to the mri's i had. I would be standing one min. and on the floor the next min. unable to move. It really affected my legs after a while,they got very weak and painful and after the surgery i had to learn how to walk all over again.Good luck to you and just know that there are people who know what your going through.
  • Thanks Tammy & Brenda,
    I do have lumbar issues as well although i haven't had any treatment.I was thrown from my horse 20 years ago on 12-7-90 and have had low back pain ever since.
    I had an xray taken in 08 and was told i have a mild levo curvature along with djd at the sac junction.I haven't fallen again but my legs do feel weak at times, my N/S doesn't feel that it is related to the injections.I feel that it is related to my cervical issues as well. Thank you for your kind words and thoughts it is so hard living with this condition.
  • Hopefully your NS will be able to find out what is causing all of this with you. I know if it was me, I would be very nervous and concerned. I'll send you positive thoughts and energy. *HUGZ*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.