Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

numbness and tightness

CarolPCCarolP Posts: 9
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Spinal Stenosis
My side from the ear to the knee is very tight even to the point that it feels like it could paralyze my arm and leg. Has any body had this happen to them I am considering seeing a dr today or go to the hospital. I woke up with my leg very cold and hurting and my ankle hurting. I have not done anything werid lately to make it hurt. It really feels werid like right now behind my ear down to shoulder it is very tight and down my left arm to my hand not sure what is happening so if any body has any ideas please let me know.

• Carol,

I have numbness/tightness from behind my left ear, to the base of the neck, and it wraps around about 2 inches past my windpipe. Mine is from my issues at C2/3. For something like that, I know it bugs me big-time. If I had the level your describing, I would first call my doctor to bounce it off of him first. From there he might send you to the ER, or to a local imaging center to be sure nothing dramatically new is going on.

I hope that helps, and too you have answers soon. I can't even imagine the feeling on my neck doing that all the way down to my legs. Gentle *HUGZ*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Brenda,

Thanks for your comments. I actually kept walking around the backyard to see if I could work it out and it must of work cause I dont have the tightness now. But this has been happening quite often it is a very strange and scary feeling. I am going to the dr next week so I am going to try and hold off til then. How long have you had your issue and what are your average numbers for the day
  • Carol,

So glad to hear it is lessoning up! You can click my name to see the 'Cliff Notes.' Easier that way! (G) For my neck, most times it feels like a tight scarf. I notice it most when I turn my head to the left, or look up. The band doesn't really hurt, it is just more 'snug' and scarf like of a feel.

As for my levels (pain?) thanks to Lyrica I sit between a 5-7 most days. Without Lyrica I am a ball on the floor. Within the 5-7, that is a mix of nerve and mechanical pain. When I overdue, Darvocet is my break through medication. If I watch what I do, pain will stay around 5. Go shopping or try to walk without my cane or stand more than a few minutes, it runs up to 7 easily. Hope that answered your question? So happy you're feeling better. *HUG*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.