Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Attorney Rejection Car accident

JulieAJJulieA Posts: 1,420
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Health Insurance Issues
Still looking for representation. I don't know what I am saying/doing wrong that keeps turning attorney's away. I thought I had a good case. I think my pre-existing condition (prior surgery and ddd) is my problem but I don't know for sure. It is BS. My Tspine was pretty darn good before the accident, now I am in pain 24/7 and I have nerve problems. I think need to be "disabled", but I can't afford to get there. That is why I want the attorney to help me get through this mess.

To top it off I got my first bill for my last 2 injections yesterday... Almost $6,000 I just started crying. They told me since my health insurance denied it my auto insurance is supposed to pay and then they bill Geico at the end. I can just see myself getting stuck with the bill :(

I was really excited about the last attorney that was interviewing me.... They turned me down too! I got the phone call yesterday.

I contacted 3 more yesterday- I am getting close to the bottom of the barrel. Our town is small and isolated.

• Julie I feel so bad for you. It's hard to be told there is no recourse.

From what I have been told you need two things for a lawsuit. Provable damage and provable loss. So in your case they need to be able to show that before the accident your t-spine was ok and now it isn't. Then they need to show what this has cost you.

So I think you are right about working being held against you. When my case was settled I had already had two surgeries. The lawyer said that by having invasive surgery I had shown the insurance company that this was serious.

I'm still confused about why your car insurance company is not managing your medical care. In NY I can't submit the bills to my health insurance. I have to find out if the doctors accept the no-fault care insurance before I see them. THen they submit their bills to the car insurance directly.

Hopefully one of the next ones will be more interested.
  • I agree with what Kris is telling you, So i assume you have a doctor report stating that whether you had a pre-existing condition or not, if the doctor report reads that it was injury was caused, or the pre-existing condition was worsened by the accident then the ins. co. should cover you.
    Unless there is a stipulation in your ins. contract that voids pre-existing cond.
    , you live in a small town, maybe you might need to go to a close major city and see another attorney.
    The mods might delete this, but try Leadinglawyers.com and that site will help you locate a good lawyer who hopefully will be able to get things fixed for you.
    And good luck.