Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

help need advice, need sleep, cant take pain no more

christinacchristina Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Chronic Pain
I am 47 yrs old soon to be 48 from c1-t3 bulges last check 5 yrs only 3mm with 3 of them ajcent to vetrial cord. server pain all the time in neck and head feels like getting hit in back of head with baseball bat, sometimes neck will lock up on me, feels like knife sticking in the top of head down to neck area, dont have full range of motion hurts to look up and turn to side. At times feels like blood flow is being cut off to brain and hurts to bend over to look down at floor or pick up stuff.

Low Back L4-L5 8mm herniate dics last MRI about 4 yrs ago pain worsen the last 4 month unable to sleep, pain gose down hips, thighs, knees, buttocks, feel like bone to bone in spin, as have degenertive facect disese, at times several times a day have a throbing senation in gential area, and a few times when pain is off chart was unable to void, and have void without knowing (3) in the last 10 yrs. always have more pain on right side

Your see my herniate dics started in 1982 and was 3mm now I dont know for sure. At times at least 1 - 2 times a year saitaca pain left side last for months.

Toes and ball of feet feel sort of numb but not, stabing pain, they along keep me up at night, cant have blankets, or water hit them, feel at times like paper stuck on bottom like a barrier between the floor and foot,

I also have fibormylia, and plantar fiscities and bone spurs on both heels and bunions forming on both feet, and feet looks to want to start clubing more on right side.

Dont have a good doctor on medicare, no money and need sleep pill not working taking soma and vico 750 and tampzapan for sleep. use to take lyrica help with restless leg syndrome and nerve pain but insurance wont cover.

I am overweight - diabetit ( under control) and animia (almost need transfussion) cant take pain no more and need sleep any advice please.

• WOW ..so sorry that you are in such a bad way .unfortunately i don't know much about the USA medical system .over here in the UK you will get treatment regardless of your financial situation .i do hope that some one will help you will money problems and i often wondered what happens when a sick person in the USA can't pay ?? are you left to rot in pain ?? because if so that's inhuman .
  • Sorry to hear you are going through all this! I am 48 with issues of the spine as well. What stands out to me is your last images are years old! I've had things change in a matter of minutes, so seeing tests 4-5 years old, wow!

Are there any teaching hospitals near you? Some of them will help you with testing at minimal costs. You could too possibly call around to Neurologist offices in your area, as they might be able to work something out for you as well. You list Diabetes as a diagnosed medical issue. Since you have to get prescriptions for medications (most times), could that doctor lend some insight as to who you might be able to see to find out what stage your at now? I so hope you can get looked at. Support *HUG*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Yes, can you ask your doctor if they can refer you for newer diagnostic imaging and tests? The pain in your head, is it constant or does it feel like someone is stabbing you repeatedly? I get pains, where as I say, it feels like someone is hammering a spike through my skull. My doctor said these are called "ice pick headaches" and are a form of migraines. They are so painful, and always take my breath away and knock me off my feet in a crumpled ball when it happens. A neurologist can give insight into that, and pretty much all of what you have going on, can your doc give you a referral?
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • Christina there are lots of doctors who take medicare. You just need to do some more searching. Sounds like you need to get better care for your feet from a podiatrist. It's so easy for things to happen to your feet and then nothing will feel right throughout your body.

Obviously you know that being overweight is only going to make your diabetes worse. It can also cause more back pain. So you really need to focus on losing weight. That's something you can do on your own at no cost.

The meds you say you are taking to sleep are pretty scary. What doctor is prescribing these? and for what condition? Does he know how you are taking them? Vicoden is know for causing headaches and withdrawal like symptoms if you take them when they aren't needed.

Sounds like you need to start at the beginning and work on a plan with your doctors to heal all of you.

PS - Tony she does have medical coverage. Medicaid is for people with severe financial problems and medicare is for elderly or disabled. There are some fine points that determine which you might qualify for but there really is help out there. Of course just like in the UK if you can pay for better insurance you will get better facilities and access to more doctors.

This discussion has been closed.