Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

my dentist appt today went ok

chronic sufferchronic suffer Posts: 115
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Chronic Pain
my dentist appt today went ok they got the tooth out and cleaned the infection out and i am still numb a liitle but its wearing off. i am starting to feel the pain for the tooth coming out but it sure is alot better then it was on friday. i am happy i got it taken care of and i should not have any more trouble with it so i wont need to go to the er for anything anymore for a toothache and not take pain meds from the er when i start going to my new PM doctor. i am going to follow what they say and not going to take any other meds for any other doctor inless its from my new PM doctor. you guys can beleive me or not but i am going to be honest and not going to do what i did with the PM doctor that droped me and he did have every right to drop me. i know and if the er doctor try to get me any pain meds . i am not taking it from the doctor i am going to go by the rules like everyone else does on the controlled substance agremeement. i need support here can you guys give me some support about this and give me some advice you guys have for me about my new PM doctor . i have already told them about what i did with the other PM doctor .and i am being trustful and going to be honest with them about what i did and when i told them they told me they would still take me and they was ok with what i told them about what i did .

• I'm glad things went well at the dentists office and hope that take cares of your tooth infection. I have been lucky in that I have good teeth but from those around me I know that something like that can hurt like the dickens and they all have gotten percocet for the pain!

Good luck with your pain doc appointment, I hope it goes well for you. Most of us have had to see a few docs before we found the right ones for us so don't listen to others who are telling you that having gone to a few pain docs is uncommon, and I'm sure if we disected their posts we could find a bunch of things to pick at as well. I'm glad you see where you didn't use the best judgement recently but we all make mistakes(or at least most of us do )and just move forward with what you have learned.

Let us know how it goes!
  • i will let you guys now when the PM doctor appt is and how it goes
  • please do your self a favour .i even sent you a PM .please drop anything to do with drugs ..look at all your recent post .they have all been locked off ..come girl ..enough ..leave it alone now ..o told you why in the PM .but you don't want to listen to 15 years of experience .that's up to you .
  • Just to clarify, and to be fair, if you read the Admin's posts when locking them, they were closed down as per CS's request...
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • but this is because she has been bullied in to it by people that should have known better .
  • I agree with Straker .the more you talk about drugs the more you going to get in trouble Stop
  • I don't see anything wrong with what she wrote here. She admitted she was wrong about her earlier posts, stated what she was going to do differantly with her new PM doc. This IS a chronic pain forum, right? When talking about chonic pain don't talking about drugs go wth it?

That being said, CS, I'm glad you got that tooth out. I had an infection in my tooth once and it got in my jaw. That is some of the worst pain.
  • CS~I am so glad that you had that tooth taken care of.It is very important to keep your mouth moist,or not let it dry out because that can cause a lot of damage to our teeth.We produce saliva and one of it's functions is to protect our teeth (and mouth) from becoming dry,which happens frequently with CP patients who are taking prescriptions.Many types of pain medications cause dry mouth and that can lead to gum disease,tooth decay and other health hazards.I guess my point is to drink plenty of fluids but most esp.water :)))

I will offer you my support CS,and I apologize for not trying harder to be kinder to you in the past.From now on in my opinion nothing has happened and I would give you the benefit of doubt,just as I would want if I had made a mistake..which is not unheard of incidentally ;))

Starting with a new PMD can be stressful and scary,esp.when going there after having made a mistake with the one you have left.But.. if you start out being honest and always continue on that path,you will never again have anything to fear in that dept.ever again.It is always up to us and the choices we make,but keep in mind that the PMD has his/her own choices,and their own principles that they live with.I honestly hope that your appt.goes well and that you get the care that you need.
  • I agree with Robin and CS I am here to support you as well!
  • I am fairly new to this forum, and after reading what straker wrote, i wonder why i bothered to join. If some can't come here and speak freely without being talked down to or bullied, then where can they go to feel comfortable talking about what is going on with them? Please answer that question for me Mr. Straker? This is a place for support, not bullism. My mother would always remind us as children and even as adults. if you have nothing good to say, don't say anything. You know that song? You shoulda SHUT up.
  • Avis, welcome to the Spine-Health support forum.

I'm sorry, but I take exception to you telling Straker or anyone else to SHUT up. We may have our disagreements on occasion but we don't treat each other like that. You don't understand what was behind what Straker wrote or you wouldn't have responded the way you did. Please be sure you know the whole story before judging a person, and then please don't tell us to shut up.

cs--I'm so glad you got your tooth fixed. You must feel tons better. Take care of your mouth these next few days, as you've already been advised. I hope you feel better and have a nice week-end! :)

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • hey linda ty for the comment and avis don't tell them to shut up and yes linda i feel so much better with the tooth being taken out but i am starting to have a really bad fibro flare i guess from all the stress i have been under and yes i have been making sure i take care of my mouth it feels so much better then it did before i got it pulled it still hurts from having it pulled but its not the same pain it was befor they pulled it
  • So sorry to hear of your fibro flare. I have a friend with fibromyalgia and it puts her in bed for a couple of days at a time. Nasty problem, for sure. Please take care of yourself and don't think any more about the things that have happened here. Let your stress level go down and just take it easy. Do whatever you need to take care of yourself. :)

I'm sure the pain after your tooth was pulled is a much "better" kind of pain. Not that it feels better but you know you're healing now.

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • Avis - you do not know straker at all! Be he right or be he wrong in his post he ALWAYS has the best interest of a member in mind when he posts to them!

Hi CS :wave:

Happy to hear the nasty tooth pain is taken care of & you have a new PM and now you can move forward :)

Do you have an appt. made yet with new PM?

L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • Straker is supporting CS, that is why and right-fully so he said what he did.
    The gal has gone thru a rough time it's best that the subject is dropped.
  • I am glad the dental "invasion" went well; I just hate dental woe's cuz they hurt! I have always gotten percocett for dental pain too and it seems to work about the best. I recently had a ton of dental work done and I am so glad it is over and behind me!
    Best of luck - Marion
This discussion has been closed.