Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Way off topic but needed to vent...

angela_talley03aangela_talley03 Posts: 110
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:48 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Tomorrow I have to take my two year old to get tested for Leukemia.. I have some how managed to keep this a secret for the rest of the family as I don't want to make anyone worry if there isn't a need. Only my mother knows as she lives with us.. We are in the process of buying a new home and close on it next Wednesday which as any of you who have been through the home buying process know is stressful in itself.. I feel like I may actually be lossing my mind.. On the down side to keeping this a secret I have had to deal with all the fear and breakdowns on my own.. I just needed a place to vent and knew that I was safe among my spinal family.. If you could just keep some fingers crossed for us until we get the test results back, which I am unsure how long will take but I will know tomorrow... Thanks..
advertisement

Comments

• I am praying for you and your family. I can't imagine the emotional pain you are going through. Have positive thoughts..and the wonderful adventure with the new house!

Angela
  • Angela we are all with you. Think positive tomorrow and all will turn out fine. You are soo strong to take this all on yourself. Remember the circle of spineys :)
  • Prayers and positive energy that all turns out well for your son. Secret is safe here. *HUGZ*

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Oh, Angela, what an awfully stressful situation to have to deal with! I'm so sorry. You don't know yet what will happen but you can know your spiney friends are praying for you and your daughter! I'm glad you decided to share with us and let us help you carry this heavy burden. image
    Linda

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • Angela,

I will pray for you!! I believe there is power in prayer. I can't imagine what you are going through but just know you are not alone!

Please keep us informed!!

Maria~
  • Thank you all a million times.. I will let you guys know something as soon as I hear anything.. My daughter hates needles so I know that she is not going to be a very happy little girl but as long as the blood work comes back normal she will just have to get over that needle poke... Lol.. I'm just ready to know.. Either our lives are about to stay boring which I would love or our lives are about to change in ways I can't even imagine right now.. Thank you all again for the prayers..

Angela(26) and Brooklyn(2)
  • Angela,

Sorry, not sure why I thought "son" vs "daughter." My bad. Fingers crossed for her and your family!! *HUG*

Brenda
  • I'm praying for you and little Brooklyn what a lovely name. Positive thoughts and prayers for your family. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • That's ok Brenda.. I've done it before also.. Well I didn't sleep much last night.. By time I feel asleep my alarm went off.. I have to bring my son to school and then wait until the appointment which is at 10:00 am... And then if I am out in time I have to go put on a happy a face and have Mom's Moment's with my son at his school. I just hope they don't make us wait to long for test results.. I just don't know that I can handle anymore added stress... Thank you guys so much for letting me vent and get this off my chest.. I know I am safe with my spinal family.!.!.!.!

• I am so sorry that you have this worry in addition to all your other problems.

I will certainly pray for Brooklyn, you and the rest of the family.

Please do let us know how things go and what the results of the tests are.

Take good care of yourself too :-) xx
  • You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • First... you need a comforting hug >:D< .

I will be saying prayers for you and little Brooklyn.

You are one strong sweet cookie and I hope you get the results real soon.

We are always here for you, as the others have said, and you can vent any time you need to. You have a safe and loving place here at Spine-health.

Please keep us posted, sweety.

Hugs and love,

Tammy :*
  • Well the test is done and now we wait.... A WEEK.... Can you believe that.?.?.? I know they can't help it but that is such a long time even more so when you are talking about my kids.!.!.! I don't know how I am going to make it through the next week.. I did make the calls to both my husbands parents and my step mother to whom I am very close and my dad... I just couldn't handle the weight of dealing with this alone and figured we needed to have our parents by our sides while we deal with this... Brooklyn did such an amazing job when they did her blood work.. She is 2 and when they stuck her arm she didn't even cry... I couldn't believe it.. She usually starts screaming when they walk into the room... Ha ha ha... She is laying down and napping right now.. Which is one of the things that had gotten us worried.. She sleeps ALOT.. Way more then just normal napping.. Well thank you all so much for the prayers and kind words.. You guys have no idea how much it helped to be able to come here and get a load off my chest yesterday.. I will keep you all updated.. Thanks again..

• Angela,

I'm so sorry you're faced with waiting a whole week for results. I don't know how much you can do, considering your back surgeries, but you need to keep active during this time. Physical exercise does better than drugs at lowering a person's anxiety level and improving your mental outlook. If you can find something aerobic, I think that works the best.

I, along with many others here on the forum, will be praying for little Brooklyn (what a beautiful name), and for YOU! I'm glad you told the grandparents. It's better to share the weight of waiting.

Sending gentle hugs and healing thoughts, image
    Linda

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • Oh Angela, I am so sorry you are going thru this! I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers!

I think it is great that you told your family so that they can give you strength and comfort!

We are here for you! You can always PM me on FB also!

Praying! gentle hugs! Shari
  • Angela, I'm so sad to hear that there might be such a serious problem with the little angel in your house.

I've already said one prayer, but will say a special one at church this weekend.

Stay strong and I hope the next week passes quickly for you.

Take care,
    Cathie

• That will help you as you wait angela.

I'll keep praying for you, Brooklyn and the whole family.
    Come back here and share your feelings whenever you need to. We are glad to support you through this as much as we are able to.

God bless you all >:D<
  • So neat to hear Brooklyn is so strong! A week, bummer! I will continue sending you positive energy and prayers that all turns out well. *HUGZ*

Brenda
  • And they are NEGATIVE... Thank God.. The Dr actually called me from home to give me the results which I thought was awesome... They want to run a thyroid test on her but there wasn't enough blood left so I will bring her back for them to get a little more later this week.. Right now we just want to bast in the joy of the test results... Thank you all for the kind words and prayers.. They were well received.!.!.!.!
  • Soooooo glad to hear of the good results. I've been through some rough waiting times, but never like what you just had. Bless you, Brooklyn and the rest of your family.

Now you can breathe a bit easier. Take care and thanks for the update!

Lisa
  • It was so great to read that Brooklyn does not have Leukemia.

We have two daughters, 9 and 4 and I just shudder at the thought of any weird disease or injury....I pray every night about that, please keep them safe, let them have a normal life. I am certain most parents stress over this.

I can imagine the level of strain you must have been under, especially with the house and all.

So....super news that your little girl does not have Leukemia and here's hoping the house stuff all works out well.

Take care.
  • Such great news for Brooklyn!!! I am so happy for you guys! Thanks much for the update. *HUGZ* :)

Brenda

• I am so pleased for you all. It must be a wonderful relief.
    Hope your move goes well and wishing you some very happy years in your new house. :-)

Mind your back while you move!
  • ....of my heart.. You guys have been so kind and caring.. And you have no idea how much it help me to have a place to come to that even though we are here for our backs this place is so much more then that.. It really is our on little family.. Hearing of your kind words and all of your prayers really touched me.. Scariest 4 days of my life and I thank you all for helping me get through it.!.!.!.! On the house note, not even 9 mins after we got the test results back we got a call postponing our closing yet again.. We were supposed to close and be moved tomorrow and know we are waiting on our new closing date... I really really really dislike our loan officer... And can not wait to get all this house stuff over.. We are waiting on a phone call for our apartment manager to see how long we have before we have to get out because they have already leased out our apartment... So we my have to put the rest of our stuff in storage and get a hotel room for a few days... Me, my husband, my mom, and 7 year old and 2 year old all in one room.... I don't even want to think about it right now... Well I'm off to bed.. Thank you guys again so very much.!.!.!.!
  • about the blood rest results. Sorry to hear about your house closing being prolonged. I went through that awaiting our new house and even when we moved in there was no electricity on the second and third floor and had no cable or internet for over a month. I can't imagine living in one hotel room. Take care and I hope your house closes soon and into your house soon. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Thank god they are negative. I couldn't imagine the stress you have been put under. My wife and I lost a baby just 2 hours after birth. He is a twin to my son Sammy. He is 2 and a half now. The emotional pain and distress to this day is overwhelming
  • Thats great news you got from the doctor.
    Thats every parents worse nightmare, that one of their children is sick or hurt.
    My best to you and your family.
  • Praise the Lord for answered prayer! I hope all that little Brooklyn (what a beautiful name) is facing is a bit of a thyroid problem. That would be so easily treatable.

So sorry about the added stress of your house closing situation. Don't know what could have been done over election day but hope things will be getting settled soon. Let us know how it all turns out--when you can and feel like getting online again. We'll be here for you--and after all the dust clears, we can talk "back trouble", lol. :)
    Linda

advertisement