Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

i take my dog storm for walks when i can but i can't right now

chronic sufferchronic suffer Posts: 115
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Matters of the Heart
i take my dog storm for walks when i can but i can't right now because its been so cold out how many people here have dogs? that seems to help me having him because it helps me with healing and stuff he knows when i am not feeling well and he knows that i am always in pain. he wont leave me side when i am crying because of the pain he loves his mommy :D i call him my boy and he is a mommys boy he is a lab mix with chow we got him feb 09 and have had him almost a year we adopted him. =D> he was a stray and we think he may have been abused by who ever had him . he is a year and a half he still has alot of puppy in him to he is a good boy sometimes and he is shy to when he meets people he sleeps with me and my husband and trys to push my husband out of the bed :))( my husband gets mad when he does it but my husband is trying to teach him not to do it. storm will lay between me and my husband and he will have his back to me and then will push my husband with his feet :))( :))( :))( i laugh everytime he does it he don't do it to me but he does it to my husband my husband has to fight with him to even get in bed :))( he gets mad at my husband and will bark at him and show his teeth when my husband moves him out of the way and our dog storm is a wonderful watch dog to

• my boxer/pit mix,sirius, loves to get between my husband and i no matter where we are. if we are together, she feels she has to be in the middle or things are just not right... :X it makes it hard to even get a hug!! LOL! your husband will grow to love your puppy just as much as you have in no time... it always takes men just a little bit longer but they always come around... have fun with your four legged friend.. i sure do!!! she goes with me everywhere and i just love her so much!! Jenny :)
  • Hi cs,

We can't have dogs where we live but we have a cat who thinks she owns the place. She is very gracious to let us live here too! Kia is a small cat with the blackest hair and the greenest emerald eyes I've ever seen. Her name should be Princess because she knows she's beautiful. Kia sleeps between us in the bed, too, or she tries to sleep on top of me, lol. I've also threatened to change her name to Cattle because of the way she races through the house sometimes. It sounds like a herd of cattle running, lol.

Wrambler--thanks for the pic of Shadow. He's a cutie! I'm so glad you've found a dog to at least somewhat fill the void that Chewbacka left in your heart. Our Kia came to us when she was lost and starving and she filled a much needed spot in our hearts, too, because we had to put to sleep our beloved Spottie cat the previous fall. I said I'd NEVER have another pet because losing them hurts too much. Then, Kia showed up on our doorstep--I believe she was sent by God. :)

Thanks, cs, for taking our minds off of our sore backs for a few moments!

I hope Storm and your hubby become fast friends. Don't our pets enrich our lives!

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • Our labradoodle is 8 months and a week old, 72lbs of chocolate fur. He's a big baby and is right there under our feet or on our lap if he can get to us. That's how he got his name.

I take him out at daylight right now and play frisbee and or fetch the tennis ball for about 5 minutes every morning. Some mornings I am pretty sure this does not help my pain, but it usually helps how I feel.

Its not safe to walk him on our road or a would do that too.

He often sleeps on my wife, :D he does not like my side of the bed as I sleep on a heated mattress pad and it's too warm for him.

Its going to be kind of sad when it gets too dark to play with him outside in the mornings. We will have to work on his tennis ball skills in the house. I guess I better stock up on Drywall...

I should mention that my avatar is not Shadow, My Avatar is/was our dear departed Airedale, Chewbacca. We lost him on Good Friday of this year he was a couple of months short of 12 years old and one of the best dogs I have ever spent time with.

I thought I would never get another dog that good, but Shadow is making a run for equaling Chewies talents and temperament. If anything Shadow is much more mellow. Very quiet, no barking or growling, NONE.

This is shadow when we got him.
  • awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww your dog is cute i will try to post a pic of our dog how did you add the pic of your dog? i think i got it click the link i post here if you can URL's Removed its a pic of my dog

Standards agreement and posting rules
    Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, or web sites is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.

Post Edited by Moderator Dave
  • I use a free online account.
    You upload from your computer to the online account. Once it is placed there, you can access an image code that links it to here and like magic the picture appears.

It sounds harder than it is. There is a pair of boxes under the images on online. The top one is the image code and you copy and paste it in your post here. If you use the bottom code it places a clickable thumbnail in the post.

You do have to remember that once you link it you don't move it in the online albums as that breaks the link and the picture is gone from your post :(

I will PM you the provider I use as I think that may be deemed as advertising and get edited out.
    Don't take the edits personally, the owner of the site set those rules to keep out spam links and free advertising etc,

Here's a link to Ron's post on doing it (the oldfashioned way) =))

• there we got ok going to put a good pic of him here image
  • this pic storms giving me a hug i was crying because the pain i am in image
  • We have two dogs, and Australian Blue Heeler, and a Border Collie/hound mix. We rescued both, the heeler from a puppy mill, and the other from the pound. Our border collie had been abused as well, so sad. He wouldn't go any where near a man when we first got him, so he's my dog :) It took him a good couple of weeks before he even trusted my hubby. They are both cuddle bugs, and I don't know what I'd do without them as well!! We also have 2 cats, one a rescue, the other from a pet store, but they are so independant, definitely not cuddlers, lol.
    Frost, our blue heeler, always gets in between my hubby and I, too. He worms his way up the bed in between us, and then mumbles when we tell him to get back to the end of the bed, it's too funny.
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • I tried to post a pic, it didn't work... lol

Third time's the charm!! lol The white dog is Liam, the black is Frost.

• awwwwwwwwww they are so cute
  • and not to let them feel left out, here's my kitties, Stella (the smallest) and Jynx

• So is Storm!!! I love chocolate labs, but I love my boys just as much!! lol
  • All the pet pictures are so beautiful. I have an 11 yr old Sheltie, Harbour, who is my boy. He always is able to sense how I am doing. On my really bad days he doesn't leave my side. Right now I'm 3 wks post op for my cervical fusion and redo and he is like my shadow. Anything that falls he is there to pick up. It's comforting to me to have him here and just boost my mood.
  • I have run into soooo many people who have Chocolate Labs since getting Shadow, the Chocolate Labradoodle.

My dental student has a Choc lab too. She told me someone told her the chocolate ones are wilder/crazier than the other Labs. I think Shadow must have got that part right anyway! When someone comes to visit he goes totally bonkers! Bouncing off the furniture bonkers. We have to give him time outs! I put him out on the porch in his space until he calms down and lays against the door, then we can let him back in. He still is all wiggly, but no longer a threat to himself and visitors!

He loves to have his ears rubbed and his butt scratched! he walks between my legs when I come home till just his hind legs are in front of me and stands there while I scratch all ( well almost all!) the parts he can't reach!

One of the things I really miss with Chewy gone is his hellos. He would put his head down low and walk towards you and growl hello while wagging his tail! If you didn't know him it would scare the BLANK out of you!

When we came in the basement and he was inside he would sit on the top step facing down at us, lift his right paw and growl hello. I always climbed up the stairs while he sat there grumbling hellos till I shook his paw. I doubt I could train a dog to do what he decided to do on his own!

Shadow is silent, it is like he is living up to his name.
    He does not bark, growl or whine. The only time he makes a sound is when he yawns, or when we come home he will give a short mix of bark and whine when we get out of the car. Otherwise, he is indeed, a Shadow!
  • Wrambler, it is so nice to know you have gotten another buddy!! the house can seem so empty and our hearts just blank without something extra there to love like our four legged friends.. :X he is indeed very cute and i know you will have a great friend for years to come!! Jenny :)
  • So happy to hear you are a new family to Shadow, and Shadow a new companion and family member to you!!