Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

MRI Question

edited 06/11/2012 - 7:48 AM in Chronic Pain
So my neuro is doing an MRI on my c and l on Nov. 4th. I have to drive downtown (If anyone has ever driven in downtown Louisville, you know)I tried getting it for te smaller town but the schedualer said doc wants to do a specific MRI. I did'nt the machines were differant. What could he be talking about? Also, I am worried about wat they find in there, I know somethings has got to be messed up in there cause you just don't have kinda pain from a cervical strain. The idea of surgery on my spine teriffyes me, I'm just not brave enough or it.
advertisement

Comments

• There are two different types of MRI machines, open and closed. The closed machines are a tube that you slide into, and there is not much room at all to move (which you're not supposed to of course!) The closed machines take better pictures, so maybe that's why they're sending you to that one, as the other place may only have an open machine?
    Kelly
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • Ick those closed ones freak me out. But your right cause the other hospital was in the paper last year because it aquired a "cutting edge technology" open MRI.
  • Ick those closed ones freak me out. But your right cause the other hospital was in the paper last year because it aquired a "cutting edge technology" open MRI.
  • Nothingelse,

It could be that the facility he is sending you too has a nurse or PA that can inject a contrast material to better see soft or inflamed tissue? I've also been with some Neurologists that seem to have a "partnership" with various facilities. Me anymore, I choose where to go unless there is some particular (medical testing) need to go to their facility.

The facility I like to go to, I have to schedule in advance, because their nurse doesn't work there full time - with my hardware, they use contrast.

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.