Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

cbergensccbergens Posts: 31
I have just started a walking program after being down and very ineactive for over a ear. My first walk, of a quarter of a mile left me aching from my toes to my low back. Should I expect this?

• Hi there,
    how are you?

You started a walking program under the advice of your doctor or PT person? Did they tell you what to expect?

I had 2 microD's on L5/S1 and was very active before my surgery but then was pretty inactive for about 8 months.

I got good sneakers (for me, I used to use Brooks sneakers for running so I use them for walking). I started walking at the highschool rubberized track. You might want to try this because it's flat which will give you a chance to focus on keeping your abs tight, walking with proper posture, and keep track of your 'distance'.

I found as I started walking again, I was very sore walking on roads. So I started on a track until I got up to 1 mile on the track. Now I can walk on the roads b/c I automatically keep my abs tight and am aware of the slight hills which do require more strength.

I would say if you were inactive, yes you can be sore. But with basic tylenol/Advil and water...you should rebound in 1-2 days. Remember, increase slowly but keep your frequency to about 3-4 times a week.

You might also find you are tired too as you increase your activity but to me that's normal. That should go away too.

If you are worried, though, call your doctor.