Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Looking for PM doc in Atlanta or Marietta, GA

nancyjonnancyjo Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi all--

A friend from another board recommended I post here, and I greatly appreciate a private message from anyone who might have a recommendation for me on the following:

DDD C-3 through C-7
Arthritis in SI joints
Nerve damage from recent work injury, S1-L3 (I think!)

I have gone to the same PM practice for over two years, and was treated by my internist prior to pain levels escalating beyond a level she was comfortable treating.

Was on 3 Percodan tablets daily until a year ago, when I was switched to 3 15mg SA oxycodone, which was later raised to 4 tablets per day.

Due to the up/down "roller coaster" ride of SA meds that I thought was exacerbating diagnosed Chronic Fatigue, I recently asked my PM about adding a LA medication. She did so, but cut my total daily dosage in half.

Needless to say, I had a hideous migraine and withdrawal symptoms within 12 hours of starting the new regimen, and despite numerous calls and emails to my PM practice Triage Nurses and Office Manager, have received nothing but discouragement (was told to drop oxycontin by another 10mg/day, go to ER [cannot afford], take acetaminophen [despite having liver damage from hepatitis]).

The nurse I spoke to today said I would have to wait until my appointment next Wednesday to ask the doctor about switching back to SA-only...but my appointment card is for Tuesday for meds and Wednesday for worker's comp appt. Despite having an appt. card right in front of me, she insisted that I DO NOT have an appt. next Tuesday and will not be seen, even though I will be out of the two weeks' worth of LA meds and low-dose BT meds I was prescribed...grrr! Just what I need: more withdrawal.

I need an experienced PM doctor who is not afraid to prescribe an appropriate dosage of oxycodone (all other popular PM meds have been ruled out b/c I have to be able to work/commute) and not constantly push for procedures that have been proven not to work (other than cervical trigger point injections). If you have any information to offer, please feel free to send me a private message.

Thanks much,