Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

heavy, weak legs. i'm a bit freaked

babyruthbbabyruth Posts: 260
hello all. i've had three major spine surgeries amongst other interventions such as nerve blocks, ESIs, etc. i had a two level (L4-L5 to L5-S1) fusion 2 years ago with titanium rods. reherniation, spondylolisthesis and stenosis were the major reasons for the fusion. i get such pain in my back/buttock area when i sweep and vaccuum, so i don't really do it (i pay someone to do it for me). however today since my house was looking like a sandbox i decided to vaccuum the whole house. now all of a sudden my lower back/buttock area is screaming in pain, as anticipated, but now both legs are feel really heavy, weak and wobbly. it feels like my hip muscles are pulled into my belly button, that's how tight everything feels. should i be concerned? i just took another hydromorphone for breakthru pain, and am a bit afraid to go to bed for fear of waking up in extreme distress and finding it difficult to walk because my quads feel so heavy

i've never had this so extreme before. so for you guy who have had fusions, have you experienced this before?

i also have a prominent T10-11 herniation that abutts the spinal cord; but the cord seems to be in good shape, at least it was on my last mri 2 years ago. i just don't want this to be a thoracic spine issue ... my lumbar spine is in rough enough shape. i don't need to throw thoracic issues and surgery into the mix.

i'm just a bit freaked, that's all. have a good night all (or day, morning, depending where you are on the globe)