Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

worth asking your doc?

butterbeanbbutterbean Posts: 20
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi all, I was given a Torodol injection a while back for some acute shoulder and arm pain. My question is has anyone else had one of these injections? It helped my arm and shoulder pain for several weeks. Maybe it could help some of those with acute back and neck pain...It did nothing for my chronic lumbar problems.
just a thought...butterbean

• Nice of you to come and share your positive experience with others. It's information sharing that helps us interact better with our surgeons.

I have not had injections but I'm sure other who have will chime in with their experience.
  • When my back pain started escalating 4 or so years ago, I was seen by my GP's partner as an emergency... he gave me a shot of torodol in the back and said it might give me an hour or four relief... I think I got about an hour of slightly lesser pain? It allowed me to get home again and back into bed....but it didn't last :( I wish it had as I've heard from people that it worked better for. It's so great that you got so much relief from it!

I've been in such a state this week that I'm actually considering calling the gp and seeing if we could give it a try again. Maybe it has to do with where you get it? When I got it he shot me on the left side of my back at about where a granny-panty line would be?
  • I can't take NSAIDS at all. I have read about Toradol, wish I could try it!
  • Clandy, they gave me the shot in the hip or butt if you will...I have talked with my doc and he says they can only give it a few times a year...I have never heard of it being targeted at a certain point...
    Good luck all
  • Hey Butterbean :)

That's what the partner told me as well, only a few times a year and it either works or it doesn't! I didn't know if it was targeted or not, but now from what you've said, it sounds not :) I'm still so very glad that you're getting some relief from it!

Sometimes it just takes less pain in one place to make all the others feel not as bad, yanno?
    ...if things don't pick up this week, I'll ask my GP what he thinks about trying it again... even if it just helps a bit in some joints it would be an improvement!

Take care and keep feeling better!!
  • I had a torodol injection to help get me thru one of my MRI's and it didn't do anything for me.
  • I had a torodol injection after my 3 round of epidural steroid injections. The Torodol worked for about 3 hours or so in my Lumbar region. It's basically a mild pain killer I think. Correct me if I am wrong. Either way, It didn't have much effect long term on the pain