Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

DDD and racquetball

edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
I just got an MDI done for my lower back pain and weakness which worsened greatly about 6 weeks ago. It has not been read yet professionally, but it looks to me like I have DDD. This is based on the images I have seen on line and reading about the sympstom on this web site. I may be premature in this, but wil find out this week for sure.

My question is if I will ever be able to be play racquetball again with DDD. I believe playing has contributed to my condition, but was able to play and then rest when my back flared up. Now I have been down for 6 weeks and am questioning if I will ever be able to play again. I did not see anything on line about returning to these type of activities.

• The outcomes of spine treatment are so variable. Your question is not an easy one to answer. But I can suggest to you that it takes time, patience and persistence with conservative treatment to get over an acute episode. Many have returned to previous activities so try not to even think that this is the way things will always be for you.