Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I get lost

Kris-NYKKris-NY Posts: 2,207
I get lost when people "reply" to a specific post instead of posting at the bottom. When you use the "reply" it puts the post before more recent posts. Also if you click on the "new" posts it only shows the first unread post. Then I have to search for the rest of them.

Am I doing something wrong or does this confuse everyone else too?

• Been here 5 years or so, I cannot keep track, does not matter, I just re-read the post, until I figure out who is posting to what.

• scroll down until I find where the posts says new after a reply to an earlier one.

• Same as Cath, I look for (new) after the time that the post was made.

I do prefer it when the new post comes at the end of the thread though.
  • I wish they used the features where you can click on "new post in thread" and go directly there. But I don't know if this BB software has it or not :(
  • I find that this works for the first new post HB. But if there are a few new posts and they are scattered through the thread it can take a while to find them all. And on some really long threads it's hard to figure out who posted in what order.

Just sayin'
  • My wish is to have the reply key removed and it has been discussed before. First off anyone posting in the thread should be posting to the originator, so the threads should stay on topic. But Kris you are correct anyone hitting reply throughout the thread puts it all over the place. Also when you click new post it takes you to the top and then your scrolling through all of it that you read already and may miss something along the way.

I see a thread stay on topic someone comes in hits reply on the second post just to keep theirs near the top, often times new members just go to their thread click on it and down to the last post they read, missing the post.
  • Press ctl-f to use the find option in the browser. Enter (new) as your search criteria.

• I agree with your assessment. On some of the really long threads, the "new" replies can be scattered throughout. I too just re-read and go from there. Same too when a thread is long, when you click to read, it asks you to click on new vs just taking you there. I am talking when a thread is over 1 page.

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.