Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

not doing well

JulieAJJulieA Posts: 1,420
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
I am not doing well. I have been having neck pain again for a couple weeks and headaches seem to be out of control again. Today while grocery shopping I started feeling really faint, and shaking in my arms and legs. It was all I could do to make it to the car.

The last injection only worked for 1 day and started to wear off pretty rapidly :( I am still having a tremendous amount of thoracic pain & numbness- arm/hand pain, nausea, rib pain, and weakness in my legs with intermitten lower leg/foot pain.

I see my PM this week and my NS next week. I am not liking to new pain meds very much, definately not liking the zanaflex. My whole body feels super tense all the time. I am not sleeping very good again either.

Please send me some encouragement- I am really low.

Go Julie!

One day at a time!

• Julie, I know it sucks hopefully your PM can give you different meds and your NS can give you answers. Not having a good night's rest can put you in a low mood! Tonight, have a hot bath put on some comfy clothes... ZZZZZZZZ
  • I am so aorry you are having such a hard time! This journey is so long and so difficult! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that you will feel better and find joy in the little things throughout the days ahead!

Wishing you the very best! Gentle hug! :)
  • That your hurting Julie....You will make it thru this rough patch as your a strong woman and you have all of our overwhelming support being sent your way..
    Make sure you let the PM know that your medications arent working..

• Super Support ***HUGZ*** to ya! So sorry you are going through this. Have you talked with your doctor about your feelings? It might be the medications causing new problems? I hope you have answers soon. *HUGZ*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Thanks guys >:D<

I used my EMPI tens for about an hour and have been icing/heating my neck & shoulder. I am having a lot of trouble lifting my right arm.

I don't like the new meds for sure. Today when I had the episode of "tremors" I had taken my Oxycontin at 6 am (It was 1:30-2 pm) and 1 zanaflex/1 BT oxcodone at 11:30 am. I don't think I over did the meds. But I realized I may have forgotten my Thyroid meds 2 days in a row so it might have something to do with it.

I am going to call my NS office about the new symptoms. I see him next week but my husband said I should call & let him know just in case.

I dropped hubby off at the airport today- so this is not a good time to get ill or have any issues (on top of my other issues). He is gone for the next week or so. It's just me, my daughter and the pooches.

Thanks for the support :)

• Let us know how you get on when youve spoken to your NS office.
    Hugs to you (SOFT ONES)

• Sorry you are having such a hard time. Hopefully there can be some other meds for you that don't make you feel awful (geez, the meds should make things better, not worse!)

I have begun to get wicked headaches due to my cervical problems. I can deal with pain, have had lots of practice, but headaches make me just want to wave the white flag and crawl into bed in the dark!

Is your daughter old enough to be self-efficient? Mine will soon be 6 and 9 and it is at least a bit of relief that they can get their own snack, etc. Now if they were just a bit older and could cook dinner!

Rambling, sorry. You've got your spiney family sending you healing mojo. Feel better soon.

• I hope your day has gone better, hang on and keep the chinny up!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Oh Julie....does it ever end or at LEAST ease up??? I am concerned about your arm...thats not a good sign that you cant raise it all the way!! Please let us know what the Doc says...!!!

You have been on my mind alot the last few days...my computer took a crap so I have to wait till I am at work to check in on you!!

I am sending LOTS of healing thoughts your way!!!
  • I... >:D< feel... >:D< like... >:D< a.... >:D< total... >:D< spacecase... >:D< for missing this post!

=P~ =P~ =P~ !!!

I am so sorry for the late reply in sending you support hugs. You have my full support and well wishes on feeling better real soon. :*

Wish I was much closer to you. Mike and I would drop off the veggie soup you are craving.

Were you able to get ahold of your doctor today?

Please let us know how things go and what your doctor(s) say.

Hugs and kisses,

• Thanks Tammy.

I *think* my daughter is taking a night off from her boyfriend and is going to learn to make our magical veggi soup. She loves to eat it so she needs to learn to make it.

She is supposed to help me clean the garage for my van (some box's need to be put away). We had our first real snow today :(

I did leave a message for the NS (no call back) and I see my PM on Thursday so I think I can manage till then. Right arm feels much better (back to the normal pain). I can lift it again.