Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Ok...new PAIN and problems need to STOP now!!!

PollyRPPollyR Posts: 411
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Hello everyone...I am back with NEW pains and problems....

my T-spine feels like I got hit by a BIG TRUCK that had a huge knife sticking out of it....makes it really hurt/hard to breathe....thats been going on for a while now but the last couple of days my hands/fingers/arms have been going numb/tingly or totally "dead" numb and it takes quite a while to get the feeling to come back! Some times it takes hours....Oh man am I being overly....overly whiney and complaining!!!

Dont hate me for my pity-party!!!

Oh I just want some relief...not even my perc's slow it down...or my pain patchs.....or my heating pad, which has become my BEST friend!!!

• Thoracic - hate the pain that comes off that area! I'm sorry to hear yours is increasing. I don't know what the deal is, but for me too, the nerve pain medications don't seem to touch it, and Darvocet just knocks me out, so unless I feel like going to bed, I grit my teeth! I hope you feel better soon. And no, you're whining or complaining!!! *HUGZ*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • >:D< Polly I am sorry. This really sucks. I know ~X(

I wish I could take it away for you. Ice/heat and more ice and heat.

Feel better,

• I heard that T-spine fusion is worse then lumber to recover is that right?

I hope you feel better...
  • Lisa,

I have done a bit of research that agrees with your statement. Although a lumbar fusion is not a walk in the park either :)

• Dear Polly,

I'm SO sorry you're hurting so. I didn't see this thread yesterday so am really hoping you're a bit better today. You haven't posted here since yesterday so I'm thinking you're not better--just hoping it's not worse! You wouldn't be able to type with numb fingers so maybe that's why you haven't got back with how you're doing today.

I have thoracic pain that rears its ugly head every so often (no diagnosis yet) and I think it is the single most difficult pain to deal with because it saps a person's energy. There's something different about thoracic pain that makes it especially draining. Know that I'm thinking about you and praying that you're doing better today! Please call your doctor if you're still in this much pain. He ought to be able to give you something to help. Let us know how it's going when you're up to posting again.

Sending gentle hugs and healing thoughts...image

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • How are you doing today Polly?

>:D< Julie
  • Hello Everyone.....I am very sorry that I havent been back on till now....

I was feeling ok..kinda...till I had to rake the yard in front of my office today, and OMG I hurt SOOO bad now...had to take a BT pain pill and it has not helped!! I am on my heating pad and as soon as I get off work we have to go grocery shopping...Oh how I hate Walmart sometimes!!

Sorry you guys..I love you all dearly...but my job some times makes me do things that I really should not do!!

Off to TRY and get motivated...NOT!!