Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

microdecompression surgery

ccjbphcccjbph Posts: 4
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Recovering from Surgery
Has anyone had a microdecompression at L3,4 for release of an impinged nerve. I had one 3 weeks ago and have not had any relief of symptoms. Am I being unreasonable to think I should have experineced some relief?

• Hey
    I'm in the same boat as you. I am three weeks post surgery on my l5-s1. I am still in pain too. My docotor however said that the pain may still be caused by a possible reherniation but chances are things are still swollen and scarring over and may be pushing on the nerves. My advice is just hang in there a little while longer and take it easy. Hope it works out.
  • Have you brought these concerns to your surgeon yet? I have had cervical surgeries, not lumbar yet (coming), but I am the first one to run to that phone when things aren't right. It might be that the nerves were 'extra' aggravated, and are in the process of healing. With me, "when in doubt, call the surgeon." At a minimum, they can log it, and should a trend appear, they can better see it. I hope it settles down soon for you.

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Thanks Brenda for your words. I will try to be more patient. It is just so hard when you were able to go and do everything and now when you walk or move the wrong way he get this sharp pain running down the outside of your thigh, sometimes it feels like an electrical shock. I just wish my doctor had told me up front it could take time, but he didn't tell me that until after the surgery, so I was expecting immediate relief.
    I will just keep on praying and believing that it will get better.

I hope you are doing well.