Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

boxer dogbboxer dog Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Spinal Cord Stimulation
I've been living with chronic lower back pain for 6 years this month. My Dr. tell's me there that surgery is not an option for me. DDS and disc problems at 4 levels. I saw some infromation on SCS at my Dr's.After a discuss with my Dr. he reccommened that we look into SCS.

Standing ,walking laying down, and sleeping all cause me increased back pain.as well as to much activity.No one knows what chronic back pain is like, unless you experience it firat hand. I guess I'm looking for feedback on the SCS ?

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    Hi Boxer

I am glad you have found spine-health, welcome to the forum, you will find lots of information and support that may help you here on the site

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • A couple of weeks ago, and now waiting on a permant stem, with pns. Do all the reading on this site ask alot of questions, The SCS gave me 3 of the best days I'd had in three years, I alos went from 4-5 hydrocodone a day to 2 a day, and thats because, ID been on them for 2 years and it will take a while to ween off them. My life the past two years up at 8 am lite house work nap 1 4 with pain pill and ambian cr to get out of pain, I coulnt participate in family functions, then to bed at 8pm, no life only existance. go to the medtronic web site, or tame the pain.com, hope you can find your answers, there are alot of wonderful people on here that have been ther done thata and bought the scs (T-shirt) lol just a oittle hummor. Rosemary