Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

DDD - Surgery- WComp

ChetCChet Posts: 21
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
A liitle info regarding trying to be honest and taking care of your pain by yourself.

I surgery L5/S1 surgery in 97 help however it took until 2002 before all was ok and was able to go back to work. Had flare ups throughout the months/years however I thought doing my stretching exercise and aspirin things would work themself out, they did.

Now that the years (4)went by, I find out the Ray Cage that was implanted was not what they thought they were and alot of patients are having problems. Now in my case Work Comp sent me for a IME and the doctor states I have DDD.

The Work Comp judge agrees with the IME because I have not seen a doctor for a lengthy period of time... So now I'm responsible for thousand of dollars worth of medical bill because workmans comp never paid any even though they said they would.

In short please do not try and treat yourself, if you have the tinyest amount of pain go to you doctor and complain, don't try and be mocho and think you can handle the pain for a few days, believe me it will bite you in the a**.

Trying to keep this short but could some please answer this... If DDD pain systems only shoudl last maybe 1-3 months why am I going on 3 years? Had epidurals (2), oxycotin, oxycodone and other pain relieves that had not helped, 4 months physical/water therapy. Now I cry myself to sleep because of the pain and tens of thousands of dollars in debt.

The medical community has to remove the grey areas of DDD and back pain or Workmans Comp will win all thier case and the working man will be out on the street.

• Try to get all your Dr visits and OR reports and hope your lawyer can help your recoup that money back. I hope you can get this financial situation under control as stress would aggravate things even more. Best wishes and hope this works out for you. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I cried my self to sleep too until I finally got on hydrocodone. I still have pain but not as severe as before and I usually work my days out to do alot one day and rest the next. Also, some dr thought changing my meds to oxy's and morphine would help but only made matters worse. I found out that there isnt any ibruprophen in them and there is 500 in each pill of the hydros so needless to say I was in more pain on the stronger medicines than i have been in years. i changed back to the hydros and just try to have good days and bad ones. It is rough but we can make it take care.