Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

A breakthrough perhaps???

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Chronic Pain
Kinda interesting, wonder if it’ll last. My husband said he was talking to one of his other contractors yesterday and the guy was telling him how he takes 3 lortab 10’s every morning to get rolling for work. I said, I didn’t know that Mike had any pain issues. He said, he don’t, he takes them for the buzz. I’m like are you kidding me??? Then he said, well we got into it because he said, well your wife must not be able to take much pain at all if she takes these every 6 hours. My husband said he came undone. He said, are you kidding me? You take this crap to get high and you have the nerve to comment on my wife’s pain? You have no Friggin idea how much pain she is in. He said it was pretty intense. I was kind of surprised that he stuck up for me for a change. We actually had a pretty lengthy discussion about it last night, and he actually asked me for the first time if I have siatic nerve pain all the time. Isn’t that unbelievable, after all these years of having it, and I have told him many times, he actually maybe, believes me. Of course he has been having a bit of nerve pain zinging in his feet lately for some reason and he said it drives him crazy. I would normally sympathize, but I have just said, oh really, that’s a bummer. Then last night he said, that is what you have all the time running down your leg and butt isn’t it? I said yes it is. He said, I guess I never realized how bad that must be till I’ve started having it in my feet and I’m sorry. Wow, that was nice. He just texted me here at work and asked if I wanted to go have a beer and a burger for lunch and take the rest of the day off and hang out. Maybe times are a changing?? Man I hope so! Some support on the home front would be awesome!!!

• Marion,

That is sounding sooooo good! It's sad that *he* had to feel it to believe it, but hell, if it opened his eyes, all the power to him and you for it! I do hope you took him up on the offer of a beer and burger! I hope this starts a whole new life for you two! I also love that he defended you vigorously to the contractor. That says bunches!! *HUGZ*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • If I could reach you I would smack you!!! Took you long enough to realize he loves you as much as you love him!!

Now it's up to the two of you to keep talking. Marion I love you and I hope you can keep the ball rolling.
  • Oh Marion....that is the MOST WONDERFUL thing!!! I am SOO happy for you11 Now dont start thinking negative thoughts....just enjoy it!! YEAH!!!
  • I am so glad to see you posting a good news message, you certainly deserve it. I think for so many people who don't have chronic pain just, they "don't get it". Sometimes it takes the old "walk a mile in my shoes" for someone to understand and the lightbulb goes on.

I'm happy for you that hubby's light finally came on!!

• Now you just need to "REWARD" him. LOL

• I think you better go buy a lottery ticket.

I've always had my husband's support so I know how important it is and the fact that you now have it at home is going to take a lot of pressure off. Don't be surprised if you start feeling a little better physically with this burden off your shoulders.

Good for you and good for him, too!
  • That is so wonderful, I'm so happy for you, but not that it took him being in pain to realize yours. I don't think he'll ever go back to the way it was, at least I hope!! That was so nice of him to stand up for you like that. Hope you enjoyed your lunch, and have a fantastic weekend! Tell him I say welcome to the club ;) but sorry he's here, or has had a taste of it, and if he goes back to the old way of thinking, I'm gonna make a trip down and kick him in the shin!! :P

p.s. did you get my e-mail yet? I'll let you buy that lottery ticket Cathie mentioned for me today LOL
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • Miracles never cease. So glad you're getting some support from hubby. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I am so happy to hear this! My boyfriend, aka future husband met me long after my pain changed my life and since day one he's always been more supportive than anyone I've ever known. But that didn't prevent this from happening... He has been dealing with a bit of nerve and muscle pain and he turned to me one day with this shocked and worried look on his face and said, "This is what you deal with everyday?" I said, "Yes, through both butt cheeks, down both legs, and through both feet. Not to mention the actual back pain as well as the neck pain that was caused by the way I've had to sit, walk, and live for the past 9 years." He said, "I don't know how you do it, especially with the positive attitude you have. How do you do everything you do with such bad pain?" Even though he is completely supportive, it felt good to be acknowledged for my strength in this way. I pretty much hide my pain to the best of my ability and I'm darn good at it. It's a foolish pride thing but it's MY foolish pride thing. :B He is so aware of it even if I hide it and always asks if I'm ok, if he can do anything for me, and if I feel well enough to do whatever it may be that we're talking about doing. Gosh, I could go on about him forever...

I am so grateful for him, especially because I know there are so many people out there that don't have this blessing. I am so happy that your husband has come around. It's sad it took him experiencing pain to believe you but better late than never! ;) I bet it feels pretty darn good that he defended you! I hope it stays like this forever and he becomes even more understanding. You deserve it! I sure hope you took him up on that lunch... :)

Much love and understanding,

• When I was reading your post, at first I was like "is this Mouse husband"? lol ;)

L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • He gets plenty of rewards when he is being NICE. He should put two and two together at some point - yes?
  • Yes, I was pretty happy and all in all it was a pretty good weekend with him. I opted to take Thursday off and took it easy. HE did most of the pulling up all my beautiful flowers that had froze and cleaing out my ponds and garden for me. HE NEVER does that - it's always my son. I was quite surprised, so it maybe is on the up and up. I sure hope so - I want my best friend back, the funny guy I married and loved spending time with! Thank You all for your support, it means a lot!!!
  • Marion,

I am soooo happy for you! I find when my hubby does things that "he never did before," he has come to a new understanding. I will hang onto the belief that your hubby has hit one of those understandings. Good for you and your other (soon to be I hope) half/best friend!! :)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
This discussion has been closed.