Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Decision from SSDI

newhouse17nnewhouse17 Posts: 133
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:48 AM in Health Insurance Issues
Hey everyone,

I just received my decision today; Fully-favorable so we got everything we asked for including back pay to Aug. 2009. Hurray!!! I kinda got screwed by workers comp though. The said that because I lack 2 of the required qualifications for a mark level that they gave me a 52% PPD which everyone knows is completly Bull!!!! No one can understand it, not even my lawyer, guess we caught the judge on a bad day. Well anyway, todays a great day for our family, we will not lose our house. Its been a long road and am glad that its finally over. Good luck to all of you who are in the process, keep fighting and never give up!!!!
advertisement

Comments

• I'm so happy for you - that is good news, Susan
  • Congrats. Thats great news for you and your family.
    52% ppd sounds awful low for a disabiling injury.
    I'm also on work comp. and applied for SSD, on 8/19/10, and i know SSD people have all my doctor papers so just waiting a decision.

But at least you know you will also get a settlement, to make life finacialy easier for you.
    I dont understand tho what it means by 2 of the required levels?

Anyway again Congrats. =D>
  • Newhouse17,

Congratulations to you, and too for your family. That lovely letter of approval feels so nice doesn't it? *HUGZ*

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Fantastic news. Doesn't make up for all the pain and suffering but sure does make it easier to handle.
  • Congratulations on your ssdi win. What a super load that just fell off your shoulders! I've been there, worrying about losing the house, paying bills, etc. But I was on my own and didn't have any kids at the time. I can only imagine how stressful this has been on you and your family. Now you can breathe......

Thanks for sharing your good news with us,

Lisa
  • Congratulations! Newhouse! Such great news! Very happy for you and your family. I know SSDI is not an easy process, so I am sure you feel vindicated! It's reassuring to see the system work right, which isn't often. Count your blessings and I wish you all the best.

Virginia
  • In workers comp there are certain criteria when determining a permenent disability rating. You have to have certain issues for each rating: mild, moderate, mark, and total disability. Although my surgery went well I have chronic back and leg pain, weak right leg which gives way and I occationally fall down, weight restriction of <10lbs, no bending,twisting, pushing, pulling, standing <1hr. and sitting <4 hrs. Because I do not have radicular pain and my conservative treatiment after surgery was not characterized as "poor" I met some but not all of the criteria for a moderate disability. I believe you can find all this on the workers compensation website.I've been dealing with WC for over seven years now so you get to know the ins and outs.

I applied for diability on August 4th, 2009, recieved a denial in October, and filed for a hearing which was October 15th, 2010. I was very frank with the judge and had sent in every doctors report and letter that I had. Good luck to you, some people get it on the first try.
  • Thank you, i understand what you're saying now.
    I have pretty much the same restrictions as you except the my sitting and standing time is shorter in lenght then your's.
    Yups i've done a lot of reading on my state work comp. website, need to do more tho. But thats what the lawyer's are for.
    I'm 55 y/o, and a 28 year local semi-truck driver, so i'm hoping that goes in my favor the 1st time around.

Again Congrats, and time to relax a little for you and family.
  • Congrats! That wasn't a bad turn around time at all!
advertisement