Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Advice - sit/kneel chair or Back Joy

LotusLLotus Posts: 88
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Pain Management
Hello all

I am really struggling with my "normal chair" at my desk. Could anyone reccomend or advise me on whether Back Joy or a Kneel Sit chair is the better option? Any other "devices"?

Thanks, Maxine :/

• Hello Maxine,

My levels are a little higher up, but I have both the "Kneel" sit chair and 2 Back Joys. I gave the kneeling chair to my hubby - I kept the Back Joys. :)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • I would like to try the chair. It would seem like it would be a great ab workout.
  • Brenda, I guess you would vote for the back joy as you gave the sit/kneel to your hubby. The back joy looks good and is portable, so would mean I could be comfortable everywhere??

Also to get a good Sit/Kneel gonna cost £90.00 but yes guess would be a good ab workout. I can see me getting both at this rate.

Well Xmas is coming!! Thanks Maxine :)))
  • :H

Decided to go for the Back Joy, the one with memory foam. I have ordered one online. Can't wait!
  • Memory foam Back Joy? I looked at the 'foam' material on my Back Joy, and it says "100% Urethane foam." The foam is also very thin - like 5 or 6mm. Glad to see you've decided which way to go. :)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • My biggest problem is pain when I sit.I could not sit for more than 30 min at a time. One day I went for a class for work, and they had these chairs in the class rooms. For the first time in 4 yrs. I could sit extended periods of time without having to pop extra pain pills. I have since got one for my job and my home. Mine is a simple chair with a mesh seat. The item # WC420PBKBKY7BK6V01. Hope this will help.