Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Just Can't Win...

LisaNeedsHelpLLisaNeedsHelp Posts: 28
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Pain Medications
So today I was going over my Medicaid plan in preparation for my doc appointment at the end of the month. This will be my first and only month on Medicaid since I am starting a job at the end of the month with full-benefits starting the day I start. I currently get 180 pills for 30 days but my Medicaid plan will only allow for 150. I called, waited on hold for over 30 minutes, only to find out my doc can't even do a prior auth for the 30 extra pills until the prescription is written. My only options are to ask my doc to write 2 prescriptions, 1 for the 150 pills and one for the 30 pills, then pay for the 30 out of pocket, or to try to find something comparable, have the one script for the 150 pills, then get 30 of another medicine. Neither of these are good options and neither are things that most doctors want to do. I'm quite upset.

On top of this, I found out I have NO dental coverage with my Medicaid. I have a temporary tooth that is about a day away from falling off. I have a lot of major dental problems. With this one in particular, I can't chew on that side because it will cause the temporary tooth to fall off. I can't smile normally because it is within view when I smile and gets dragged down by my lip. If I smile normally, it will rip it off. I was so hopeful that I could get this fixed so I could smile normally, chew food, and kiss my boyfriend the way I want to. But I can't. I don't know what I'm going to do for another month until I get my insurance through my new job. I feel hopeless for this month. I try so damn hard and just get kicked down. When will this freaking end?!?!?

Thank you for listening. This is the first time in weeks I've felt like crying. I've worked so hard on this but even my best isn't good enough. I'M 23 YEARS OLD. And this is what my life has been reduced to.

• Lisa take it one step at a time. Call the doc and ASK THEM how they will handle the medication. I'm sure they deal with this all the time so let them give you the answer.

For your tooth call the dentist. Explain to the office that the temporary is falling off but your benefits don't start til next month. They should be able to have you come in to get the temporary reglued so it will stay in place until you can get back there.
  • Lisa,

Sorry all of this is coming down on you. 23, yeah I would say, wayyyy to young for this crap! Kris has some very good points. My feelings are pretty much a match. Most dentists (especially in this economy) understand. It doesn't take much for them to re-glue that puppy to hold for another month. Please let us know how it goes, and try as Kris said, to take things one step at a time. *HUGZ*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.