Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Please Say A Prayer For Watergirl

bjfergebbjferge Posts: 123
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi All My Fellow Spineys,

I just got a offline message from one of our own Watergirl (Mary). She has had a lot of issues in the last month with her neck, lower back, numbness is legs and arms, and of course pain. She tried a new dr this week, but he blamed it on Fibro. Today thing can to a head. She call her neurosurgeon, and she flunked a neurological exam. She is being admited into the hospital for further tests right now. They will be doing brain scans, mri of her spine, and a few others tests.
I just got phone with her, and whatever is happening it's effecting her speech. It does not sound like something minor with her symtoms, but I pray that all will turn out for her. So please say a prayer for Mary that all turn out fine for her. She needs it more then ever. I will keep everyone up to date on Mary
Thank you everyone for your prayers for one of our own,
Bobbi Jo

• for watergirl. So sorry to hear what she is going through.Glad that they are running the full battery of tests.Thanks for letting us know...she will be in all our thoughts and prayers.
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • Prayers are with her and her family.
    Thank you for keeping us updated.
  • How frightening. Bless her. Sounds like the medical staff are on the case.
  • I've ben off line for awhile & didn't hear about her problems. Wow! We will all pray for her to get to the bottom of what's going on.
  • Will say a prayer for Mary that they find out what's going on and that they can help her. May angels surround her and keep her safe. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Bobbi Jo,

OMG! Now it makes sense why she hasn't been in chat much of late. Please tell her I miss her, and am sending prayers and LOTS of positive energy that they find out what is going on, and better yet, can help her! Mary is super people. *HUGZ* Thanks for letting us know Bobbi Jo.

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • I will also say a prayer for Mary that she gets the help she needs. I'm sure she has a great team of doctors that will get her taken care of.

Tell her all her friends on SH are thinking of her, sending positive vibes her way and that we miss her.

Yes, please keep us updated, Bobbi Jo.

Thank you.
  • I hope everything turns out ok. Thanks for letting us know Bobbi Jo, and please keep us updated.
  • LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    Hi Mary
    I was sorry to hear the news, I hope you get the answers and the treatment that you need soon.
    I will be thinking of you and look forward to seeing you back in chat soon

Liz xxx

Thank you Bobbi for Mary's update

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery

• I hope that they quickly ascertain what the problem is and can work to deal with it.

It must be very scary for Mary. Please let her know that she has lots of friends who are praying for her. >:D<
  • I have had 2 decompression surgeries. They are so much easier than any other back surgery I've had. (6). The only thing, you feel so good soon after, you tend to over due. I did twice & had to have it redone. Just please be really careful & take it easy! Let me know how you do.
  • I am praying extra tonight for Mary!! Thank you Bobbi Jo for letting us know. You are so great about that as always. I hope this will end up being a good thing for Mary where this forces the doctors to do some serious testing for her and give her a recovery plan. I hope they find something that can be fixed and fixed very soon. Lots of prayers and hugs for Mary!!

Very Fondly,
  • Me and My Mary will be praying for Mary
  • Hi Bobbi Jo

Thanks for letting us know about Mary. My heart goes out to her. Will say a prayer for her and hope she can be helped.

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008
  • may things good come your way .keep strong
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
  • Maybe you could start a page for Mary edited by tamtam url link That's what they did for my neighbor Tina after she had a heart attack. Once the page is set up, then we can sign up and get email notices that there's an update on her condition.

Just a thought.

I'm still thinking of Mary and praying that she's ok. She's such a sweet lady.

posted edited by tamtam url link not permitted on spine-health
  • I prayed for Mary as well, although I don't know her. It doesn't matter -- we are a special group here at spine health, so I feel like i know her. Thank you for this prayer request, Bobbi. Prayer can move mountains.

• Sometimes you wonder just what it takes to get a doctor to listen to you! I pray this is something they can help her with and isn't something that was made worse or irreparable by the fact that no one would listen. My heart just feels sick for her.
    3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • Sending prayers for answers and a complete and speedy recovery for Mary. I am sure she is fightened, please let her know that we are all here for her, cheering her on.

Prayers also for her medical team, that they are kind and compassionate, and willing to go the extra mile to find the answers and the solutions!

Heartfelt thanks Bobby Jo for being such a loving friend to start this thread for Mary!
  • I do not know Mary either, but when we hear that someone in the SH family is having a hard time, it pulls us all together.

Please G-d the doctors will find out what the root cause is and quickly treat it.

2 x Microdiscectomy 2005 / PLIFusion 2-level 2010 / revision surgery 2011 / NEVRO Senza spinal cord stimulator implanted February 2013. I WILL NOT GIVE IN / UP !!
  • Prayers sent :)
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • For Mary and her doctors to figure out what is going on and hopefully cure her quickly!
    Thank God she didn't listen to the first doctor!
  • Any updates? Have you been able to talk with Mary again yet? Still keeping her in my thoughts and prayers.

• I'm not acquainted with Mary, but have sent a prayer winging it's way to the Great Healer. I hope they are able to figure out what needs to be done to help her.

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • I was having a pitty party today until I read your letter. They always say there is always some one out there worse off than you. Guess that really is true. Are you just on pain meds for your pain?
  • ty ty for all you prays for they worked and i'm home
    they sure helped my pain with some strong meds...but pain...is still around but no way as bad
    all the mri's done cervical and thoratic and part of brain are good
    he will do out pataint lumbar but he wants me to f.u with neuro doc...
    i want the rhuemo doc that was sent to my roomate
    wow was he good looking....
    the first nite the rn messed my meds up no sleeping pill so when doc came in 7 am and saw i hadnt slep well he was pissed he wanted me well rested for test..
    i was well medicated after that night i had head rn cking on me every 4 hrs with meds...
    so docs are saying this at this time is lumbar issues alot with nervse and muscles fibro is peaking its ugly self big time grrrr
    so with help of steady new meds i'm hoping to fight this fight and get back to being the watergirl

ty so much bj for starting this thread,,,and truely i see how blessed i am to have all you great ppl of sh who prayed for me when you all fight the struggle of pain yourselfsss
    thank thank you all
    means the world to me to have such great ppl praying and wishing me well
    love ya all and hugs to all my spineys
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • Hello All,

First off Mary wants me to tell you all THANK YOU, THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR CARING, ALL PAYERS, AND WELL WISHES!!! I can personally tell you it made her weekend to know everyone cared so much. She got out of the hospital today without any real answers. But the good part was they did not find anything additionally wrong with her spine, or her brain scan. She will be having more test tomorrow from her neurogist, and rheumotologist see if they can find out why her muscles are going such spasms, but it doesn't look at this point to be something to serious. Her dr best guess for why she's having so much pain is she's not taking her meds as subscribed. She's under taking them, and needs to start take them regularly.
    I will continue to tell everyone what is happening with Mary, since she's having such muscle spasms. I would personally like to thank everyone for showing Mary how much we really care about her. It really touched her, when she was at her lowest. So thank you everyone.
    Bobbi Jo
  • Mary!!!! Mary!!!!

Welcome back to us woman!!! *HUGZ* So sorry all that happened to you. I know from our talks you've been having a full time rough go of it, yet at the same time, you hung out in chat to cheer up others! You were missed for sure my friend. So glad you are back. I hope they soon find the right mix of meds and treatment for you. Super *HUGZ* :)

• Looks like Mary beat ya to it (update wise), hehehe! Not taking your meds enough huh Mary? Hummm.. As the saying goes "To have a friend, you have to be a friend", and Mary does that every day!! I'm super happy she's back with us, and with no new problems for her. She's got enough going on! Thanks Bobbi Jo!

• to hear that you're home and that you've finally got someone taking you seriously. I hope they can find something to help you.
    3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.