Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Myelogram Time!

virginiapvvirginiap Posts: 508
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Ok Spineys, you know my story... or, I hope by now you do. ALIF on 8/24 at L4-5. I had two other pretty bad levels, due to bad discogram - over pressurized discs! (refused to redo!) NS & I decided to do one level fusion, at the worst disc, 100% collapsed, buckled vertabres with stenosis and... well just a mess.

Post op 10.5 weeks, so many issues, legs riddled with weakness and all sorts of nerve pain. Not to mention my other PIA complications!

My pain mgmt doc sent me to another NS for an opinion. They have decided I need to have the Myelogram, which I've posted previously,
would be forthcoming. I am a bit concerned about this test, after my horrific discogram, NS has opted to put me out for procedure, to avoid any more pain & distress.

I now have the date....November 22!

Also, I am having CT scan w & w/o contrast of abdomen & pelvis on Monday, November 8, to see if we can figure out what the heck is going on with my bladder and chronic pelvis & abdominal pain post operatively.

Please keep me in your thoughts & prayers so that I can get some answers and god willing some relief!

Thank you and wishing us all pain free days ahead!

• Howdy Virginia,

Thoughts and Prayers? You betcha woman!!! *HUGZ* That they figure this out for you!! 8>

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • sending you positve thoughts and healing energy
    for answers and releif

full steam ahead with the "covert" diagnostics (love that lol)
    take care
  • Brenda & Flower!

Flower, LOL, I had forgotten I called my secret Myelogram "covert" and "black ops" ! Thanks for reminding me. I had a nice chuckle to myself!

But, it's really is covet in nature, even having it done in the next county.....I can pretend I'm Angelina Jolie, or something.....LOL, now I am really laughing! Thanks Flower!

Brenda, yes, Please keep the praying.....& *hugz* for me both days....., now I'm acting a bit spoiled, but you do give such good *hugz*!

Thanks again and I wish you both a beautiful, and relatively pain free weekend!

• Virginia,

Spoiled, hehehe.. We all have that *symptom* sometimes! Nothing wrong with that. :) *HUG* I hope your weekend goes well and as pain free as possible.

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • wishing you the very best and praying that you will gain answers and find pain relief!

I think it is wonderful that you will be put out for your myelogram!

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!
  • Hi Virginia,

Best of luck and I'll say prayers that the Dr's. and the myleogram test will show what is causing your terrible pain. God be with you!

• Well, I am relieved to that there will be some diagnostics in the near future for you.
    Here's to one compassionate NS who has decided to do the Myelogram under anesthesia!
    I have been thinking about you and sending warm wishes after your thread about Neurontin.
    Take good care...
  • Jayhawk, Liz & Jackie, for your kind words!

Yes, compassion from the NS, I DID NOT chose. (no told you so's either). This NS insisted I needed PLIF, on consult I had with him in July.

My surgeon, isn't focusing on what's happening to me. Only his ALIF, which was wonderfully done. I've accepted this fact and has become a non issue. I have other dedicated physicians concerned with fixing me.

Happy Sunday to all and low, low pain levels with high, high spirits!

• Hi Virginia,
    I am glad to hear the ALIF was wonderfully done.
    How very fortunate you are to have acceptance in your life.
    I have been a patient at an interdisciplinary pain clinic and work with a pain psychologist now.
    I have now discovered that I was tormenting myself by being stuck in thought patterns that were destructive to my mental and emotional well being.
    Not that I am anywhere near perfect, just a little more aware, and so much more gentle on myself.
    Take good care
  • It sounds as though you are in a really good place! You are fortunate, to have found your way out of the torment, not everyone is so lucky.

I too have counseling through a counselor who specializes in chronic pain. It really helps me to have my weekly visit with him. He was there for me throughout my early ordeal, post op, work issues & losing a family member in a tragic car accident, barely 3 weeks post op. I could have gone either way... I came through, well actually, I walked through the right door and I am still on my path.

My PM doc insists all new patients see a neuro-physcologist, who met with me and then gave me all the chronic pain testing, prior to my surgery, I had never seen any type of mental health professional, so this seemed odd to me that a "test" can determine how one deals with or how much pain one has. But science & medicine are amazing! My tests were good, my PM was happy and I continue seeing my counselor! Win/win! Him, my family, SH & God, will get me through my Myelogram and its results

Thanks for your reply Jackie and for sharing!