Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Spiney Job Board

Cath111CCath111 Posts: 3,702
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Water Cooler
Wouldn't it be cool if someone would start a spiney job board where there are jobs listed that don't require lifting, standing too long or sitting too long? The kind of jobs that we can do and one of the greatest results could be that our stress levels would go down knowing we're accomplishing something, making money and not hurting ourselves. In the long run, it would cost us less in the pain, stress and depression area.

Most of us need jobs or a different one now that we're long down the spiney road and have to have special accommodations. It seems to me that there are a lot of jobs out there at all levels that we could do that wouldn't cause us more problems, in or out of the house.

This is just an early morning rambling, but I'd sure like to subscribe to one if there was one out there.

• Wonderful Cathie =D>

Just about every person who works in my NS office (and he has 5 partners now) is a "old"/young patient. Some went on to nursing school. Some work as reception, some work as billing clerks.

Same with my husband Diabetic MD. He hired a bunch of patients when he opened his new office. Then when they expaned they hired a few more.

We just need to get our MD'd to appreciate us more O:) maybe they can hire us to discuss what will happen after you have a fusion surgery- or to do house calls on patients just to check on them their first couple weeks home?

Like a diabetic educator we could be fusion educator?

Too much sleep and coffee for me..... My creative bug needs to be cleaning the bathroom not chatting. LOL

• AMEN!

Why can't we find a job on line so we can sit,some of us lay in bed and work from home in comfort!Or something like that. What you said~ I vote for your idea!
  • look at all the questions we have before surgery, after surgery or with our medications from PM. How awesome to have a resource that has "been there done that" and really knows what you are going through. That would have been so helpful to so many of us, and it would be so helpful to many that are going through that now!!!