Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Scared, anxious, and silent...til now.

katiebugkkatiebug Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi Everyone,

I've had chronic pain since age 16 or so. Always been extremely embarrassed about it so haven't shared my feelings or thoughts about it with...well, anyone really.

So, here I am. Hoping to find my voice and a community in which to participate.

Something has changed in my neck over the last couple of years. Not sure what it is...which is why it is so scary. I'm going to get an x-ray in the morning. My mom talked me into that after I called her mid mini breakdown tonight, lol. I hate worrying her and was really just being irrational. Guess being tired of hurting and worrying can do that to a gal.

Tomorrow will be a good day. Thanks for letting me into your club.

• Welcome to Spine Health. It's always a smart idea to get things checked out when there are changes to "the Norm". I don't think anyone here would think you were in any way irrational. Chronic pain takes a toll no matter how strong willed of a person you are. When things change on top of the constant chronic pain, sometimes we have a very difficult time dealing with it. Did you have some sort of accident when you were younger that caused your pain issues?

Well keep us posted on what you find out. Someone is always here if you need someone to chat with.

• Hi katiebug,I've always been embarrassed about my pain too,though I know rationally that it's nothing to be ashamed of,I have always felt like a failure because my pain is disabling.

Welcome to spine-health,you will find a lot of support here and people who understand exactly what you are going through and how you feel.Family & friends are terrific,but I know and I'm sure you feel the same way,that they don't need to hear our pain "stuff" all the time,and we can't really expect them to totally understand how pain feels around the clock...unless they live it too.
    I hope you keep us posted,and let us know what your X-Ray shows.

• Katibug,

A hearty Welcome to Spine Health!! Glad to see you joining us, sorry that it's due to your neck. I've never been ashamed of my pain, though I do restrict who I let know the details. Your pain is your body telling *you* that something is wrong. I am glad to hear you are starting to take steps to find out what is going on.

If they give you terms you don't understand, you can use the search box at the top of the page, and many of the terms used by our doctors and on reports can be found. Some of the terms we can help you with as well. Again, Welcome aboard!!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i have had pain since i was about 16 as well..i am so glad you dropped in.. we want to hear your story and help you when we can.. please stop by anytime and make yourself at home.. good luck! Jenny :)
  • welcome to spine health

your very welcome here to share your thoughts/feelings :)

keep posting and let us no how you went with your x-ray
    take care
  • Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!