Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

D-Day minus 1 (2 level PLIF)

nd2078nnd2078 Posts: 31
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Tomorrow is the day. I'm pretty nervous, but I got everything done that I need to do. All I have to do now is finish up laundry, and well, wait.

I'll be around today, but depending on how I feel I don't know when I'll be posting again. I'm also going to keep a blog/journal. I've already posted a few things, so feel free to check it out:

Best of luck to all surgeries, procedures, and everything else going on in the community.

• Nathan - wishing you a speedy recovery. It's gonna hurt, but you'll feel so much better eventually.

3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.

• I'll keep a look out for you, to hear how you have done.

Make sure that you follow all the restrictions and take your time to get well again. :-)
  • Hoping that your surgery goes well tomorrow. When you get home, take it very easy with resting and as much walking around the house as you can cope with. The exercises that the physio in the hospital will give you are important too.

Looking forward to hearing how you're going.

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008

• Hope that all has gone well and to plan, and that you wake up feeling comfortable.
    Things will be tough at first, but they will improve.
    It's over to you now to get plenty of rest and heal.

Let us know how you are, when you are able to post.
  • I'm back online. Things have gone great sice getting home. I Got home the 11th early evening. It is still a little tough to manage to email/post so I'll be around here and there.

• Doesn't it feel great to have all the anxiety of the surgery behind you? :-)

Now you just have to follow the rules and relax to let your body heal. Easy!! (?)

Things will get easier each week until you find that you can move about fairly easily.

Then you will start to wonder if all these aches and pains are 'normal'. In the early days of your recovery, you expect to feel pain, but as you progress, often you will experience various pains and twinges, and you will wonder if you did too much, or have done some harm.

It is so tempting to do more than you know you should, when you start to feel better! That is when you flare things up a bit.

Wishing you a smooth recovery journey. It is good to hear that you are home again, and sounds like things are going well.

Take good care :-)