Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

L5/S1 problems

colleenie0516ccolleenie0516 Posts: 6
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in New Member Introductions

I am new to this forum but not to back issues. In 2007 I had a successful sacrolliac joint fusion. Have had no issues at all until now.

I have been having pain in my hips, mostly the right side and pain/tingles in my buttocks and down the outside of my leg. It is hard to sit for very long or stand for very long. Can't sleep at night from the pain. I had a nerve block procedure done and had about 6 hours of relief but pain came back with a vengance. Waiting on MRI results. My ortho thinks it might be stress on the L5/S1 disk from the fusion done in 07.

Has anyone ever heard of problems after having a S.I. Joint fusion?

thank you for any help or information.

• Hello Colleen and Welcome to Spine-health....This is a wonderful and supportive group!!

I have no knowledge of the fusion of the S.I. joint but I have had a multi-level lumbar fusion...now the upper levels are going bad!

Again welcome aboard!!
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer any questions we can. i am sorry you are here with pain issues once again.. i do hope the MRI provides you with some positive information on your condition..please have a good look around the different forums and make yourself at home.. drop by anytime.. good luck! Jenny :)