Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

"Bone" Pain....

PollyRPPollyR Posts: 411
Hello To All....Have you ever felt like your leg "Bones" them selves HURT BAD when your Sciatic pain starts....It mainly happens with my right leg...very rare that the left one feels this way....like my thigh bone is going to explode/implode....

The last few days have been miserable...but hey this pain has taken my mind off my back pain for a little while...;)

• Hugs Polly,

I am so sorry. I wish I could take your pain away.

• Good Morning, Polly--well, I guess it's not a very "good" morning for you and I'm sorry for that!

In answer to your question, yes, my sciatic pain currently centers mainly in the shinbone of my right leg. My big toe sometimes hurts, but mainly my shinbone. A look at a dermatome map shows it is coming from the nerve root which was being compressed prior to my fusion surgery. I am assuming the nerve was disturbed and otherwise messed with during the surgery, plus it had been pinched to varying degrees for some 6 years, so I figure it's going to take time for it to settle down and be normal again. Am on Lyrica three times a day and it controls 95% of the pain but I'm curious to know just how bad the pain is now without the Lyrica so didn't take my morning dose. May be back on it this evening but at least I'll know that I still need it!

Refresh my memory, please--are you on Lyrica or a similar nerve med for your sciatica? I can only speak for Lyrica but if you haven't tried it, I can highly recommend it for controlling nerve pain. You might have to put up with a few side effects at first but those eventually diminish.

Sending hugs and healing thoughts your way! image

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • Thank you Julie and Linda, You guys support means ALOT to me!!!

Linda, I am on NO nerve meds here...didnt think I needed them...:(
  • Polly,

Have you talked to your doctor about the pain in your leg? If so, he must not have mentioned Lyrica or one of the other nerve pain meds.

I'm thinking I remember now that you don't have insurance at the moment, is that correct? If so, I can understand why you're not on Lyrica--it is quite expensive. But even if you don't have insurance, there are pharmacy discount cards and other programs that could help reduce the cost of medication. You need some kind of help with your sciatica and regular opioid pain meds are not the answer.

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • Polly,

Sorry you are hurting so bad. I've had 'bone' pain like feelings before - not fun. I hope you are feeling better soon. Gentle *HUGZ*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Oh thank you all so much for being SOOO supportive and for letting me vent to you!! It seems like we just get "used" to our "old and normal" pain that when something new comes up it is very scary!!

I will be calling my Dr tomorrow and scraping up the funds to go and see him....Thank you again..I love you all dearly!!!